Thursday, June 4, 2009

Taylored Expressions Summertime Cuppie Peek Day 2


 sharks

I’m so excited to bring you samples of Summertime Cuppies {my name} in the stamp set Beach Bum that will be released this Friday, June 5 at 10:00 a.m. CST in the Taylored Expressions store.  On my first card, I used the cuppie surrounded by sharks in the ocean since this was my DH’s favorite image in the set.  I used my d’vine swirls cuttlebug folder to make my waves in the ocean and left my cuppie colorless in his face, obviously if you were surrounded by sharks, I’m sure the color would leave from your face too!  I used the bottom section of my long Tags 5 Nestability dies for my sentiment.

soakin up sun

On this next card, I used the sunning cuppie on the fun paper-pieced chaise lounge as well as the palm tree and suntan lotion. I used fellow design team Jen Del Muro’s sketch for you to try from Saturday for my card. 

On both cards, I used the Beach Bum Key ingredients: a great collection of Prism cardstock colors, Classic Purple, Intense Kiwi, Nautical Blue Light, Blush Red Medium, Sunflowers Medium along with Choice Buttercream cardstock and the FUN Summer patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket Snorkel Collection.  There is also 5 yards of ribbon, coordinating Snorkel cardstock stickers, which I used on this card {Soakin’ Up the Sun!} and a package of bright smooth bling, which I used on my first cuppie card {cherry on top}.  The shaped palm tree brad  I used on this card is not part of the Key Ingredients, but is part of the Beach Bum Bundle which is outlined below.  I also used my fun deckle edge nestability dies for this image, it’s so fun to have some visual interest instead of straight lines sometimes!

Beach_Bum_Bundle

Be sure to check out the Summery Cuppie Goodness the design team have to share with you today!  Half the design team is previewing another sweet set called For the Love of Cupcakes, I will share samples of that set tomorrow so be sure to come back! 

Seak peeks of both sets
Taylor VanBruggen 

Beach Bum sneak peeks
Ana Wohlfahrt
Dawn Easton
Jodi Collins
Laura Frederickson
Lori Schmidlin

For the Love of Cupcakes sneak peeks
Charmaine Ikach
Denise Marzec
Jen Del Muro
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Sankari Wegman

Thanks for visiting today!!

Pin It

15 comments on "Taylored Expressions Summertime Cuppie Peek Day 2"

Taylor on 10:40 AM CDT said...

How cute, Donna! I love that you left cuppie colorless in the face! Yep... I'd be white as a sheet if I were surrounded by sharks! And the clouds you created in your second scene are so wonderful!

Alex on 10:51 AM CDT said...

These are just darling Donna - and yep, I would have NO color in MY face surrounded my sharks, YIKES!!! I love these sets! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Laurie Schmidlin on 10:52 AM CDT said...

LOL!!! I just cannot get over that first image...it just cracks me up!! :-)

I love the sponged clouds and sand on the second card...it's the perfect backdrop for the sunbathing cuppie (LOVE the plaid paper pieced shorts...er, I mean cupcake liner)! LOL!

Denise Marzec on 11:03 AM CDT said...

These are GREAT! Love your clouds and how you incorporated that Soakin' Up the Sun sticker.

Laura (scrapnextras) on 11:08 AM CDT said...

Too cute Donna! Love the embossed swirls...so perfect and the sentiment on the second is fabulous! Way to rock this set!

Ana Wohlfahrt on 12:04 PM CDT said...

So cute Donna! Love it all!

Karen Giron on 12:09 PM CDT said...

So cute Donna - I love the swirly ocean! Adorable!

DoodleFactory on 12:21 PM CDT said...

omg, that cupcake sure gets around. I love that scene with him (do cupcakes have genders?) surrounded by sharks. funny!

Jodi Collins on 12:33 PM CDT said...

These are both ADORABLE Donna! LOVE your white faced cuppie in the first card and the c-bug folder as the waves! Genius! SUPER cute scene and I love the clouds on the 2nd card!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 6:11 PM CDT said...

These are so cute, Donna! I LOVE the wavy shark-infested waters! :)

Carolina on 6:31 PM CDT said...

To amazing cards! I love the scenes you've created here and how brilliant to use the embossing folder for the water!

Dawn Easton on 10:33 PM CDT said...

Donna, this is so cute! Love the waves you created!!

Jennie on 9:02 AM CDT said...

SUch adorable cards Donna! What a fun release this month. The way you created the water is awesome!

Rose Ann on 1:02 PM CDT said...

These are just as cute as can be, Donna!! You ROCK!!

Jessie/knightrone on 3:10 PM CDT said...

These are just too cute!!

Post a Comment