Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Gina K. Preview – 100% Sweet & Happy Camper


I just learned a fun thing on Microsoft Live Writer {the program I use to compose & publish my blog posts} and that is to insert an album of pictures!  Above is a trio of previews I made using 100% Sweet, a new set illustrated by Rupa Shevde to be released this Thursday by Gina K. Designs!  For those of you who love Rupa’s delicate images, this one sure will not disappoint with a fun collection of “SWEETS” and fun sentiments to match!! 

I was brave {crazy?!} and whipped out one of my mini sewing machines {my real one is in storage and I contemplated going to get it, but I just couldn’t find the time}.  I picked up this cute cupcake & cherry fabric that I thought would coordinate nicely with the set!  I am in love with the images in it too; here I am showing one of the cupcakes, keeping my card design clean and simple.  Do you like the new Soft Sand cardstock by Gina K. Designs I used as the card base?  It is a wonderful, sturdy yet smooth sand color!  The middle picture shows the inside of the little pouch I made with a Velcro closure.  The last picture has two smaller pouches that are really drink coasters with a little batting on the inside.  One thing that annoys me is when your drink glass ‘sweats’ from the condensation, so these fabric coasters will drink it up for you!  The tissue I wrapped up the gift in has cherries on it and it says “It’s a Cherry of Top Day” and it came from a gift I got from Carolina.  There will also be a FREE digital paper pack and fun templates available to coordinate with this set.

lose yourself sunset

Here is a card I made previewing a new set illustrated by Theresa Momber called Happy Camper!  It’s a wonderful collection of realistic camping images and great sentiments to complement it!  On my card, I chose to use the serene mountain & tree image and sentiment ‘Lose yourself in nature and find peace’ so I added a sponged sunset in the sky!  I used the Rough & Rugged digital paper which I thought went nicely with the soft sand cardstock base I used as well as my Chocolate Kiss layer.  There will be a fun freebie digital paper pack called The Great Outdoors from Gina K. to complement this stamp set!   Lastly, I used the new self-adhesive nail heads that will be available on Thursday as well!  I thought it gave just the right touch for my card, without adding bulk. 

Be sure to check out today’s previews from Gina & the Sr. Design Team:

Gina
Carolyn
Cathy
Cindy
Emily
Erika
Jessica 
Joanne
Kurtis  
Lee
Lynn
Melanie
Theresa

We are also thrilled to have a few of our Center Stage Spotlight Design Team join us in with previews this morning: 

Carolina Buchting
Jennie Harper

Pin It

10 comments on "Gina K. Preview – 100% Sweet & Happy Camper"

Theresa Momber on 8:33 AM CDT said...

These are fantastic, Donna! Great idea with the fabric coasters. Your mountain scene card is gorgeous!!! Wonderful colors.

Melisa Waldorf on 8:36 AM CDT said...

Great projects Donna!!! I love these sets! So much fun!

Cat Tidwell on 8:36 AM CDT said...

Ohhh I love that gift set! What a neat idea, and I know what you mean about the moister too, lol! LOVE the CAS card! And the mountain card, that sky is just awesome! Beautiful creations Donna!

Unknown on 8:37 AM CDT said...

Great cards, Donna!!!

emilymomto3boys on 12:00 PM CDT said...

Totally cute cupcakes, Donna~! And a fab *rough* card too!

Lori on 12:00 PM CDT said...

Nice cards and projects, Donna!

Alex on 3:12 PM CDT said...

LOVE these, what creative ideas Donna - you are amazing, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jennie on 6:40 PM CDT said...

Great cards Donna! Love how you created a whole themed little gift set :o)

Carolyn King on 10:40 PM CDT said...

Wonderful projects---love what you did with 100% sweet---totally awesome.

That scene is fantastic too! love it!

Carolina on 2:27 AM CDT said...

The gift set is so cute - perfect CAS card and the drink coasters are just perfect! The scene on the second one is delightful!!

Post a Comment