Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pretty Butterfly & Flowers


thank you butterfly

I’m running a week behind in posting my challenges completed last week on my blog but then again, there’s not really a deadline for SCS and StampTV challenges for me so it’s all good!  

My first card is for last Monday’s Clean and Simple Challenge {CAS16}  to make over a different card of yours.  I chose to make over this one using my new Eclectic Summer stamptv set butterfly and fun Bright Summer Grunge digital papers.  I also made the cool button embellishment to match  my papers by punching the double circle punch by SU! and then my 3/4” circle punch and embossing it with clear embossing powder, then I tied some white taffeta ribbon through it.

paper-pieced blooms

This next card is for last week’s StampTV technique challenge issued by Gina K to paper-piece and SCS sketch {SC230} which was pretty crazy busy with layers but I like how my card turned out.  However, I wish that I had put my Basic Grey Lime Rickey striped paper on the left and the circles on the right, it would have balance out my card better.  Oh well, too late now.   All supplies used on this card can be found in the StampTV Eclectic Summer kit except the small Spellbinders Nestability tags 5 the sentiment is stamped on and white cotton thread it’s hanging on.

As a follow-up to Gina’s video I shared yesterday, here is the announcement of the Center Stage Spotlight Team for June!! Join me in welcoming them!!

I’ll be back tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. for the Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks you do not want to miss – it’s our biggest release yet!! 

Pin It

4 comments on "Pretty Butterfly & Flowers"

Jennie on 1:12 PM CDT said...

Donna, both of these are top notch! I love the way you used the dp...and you paper piecing is spot on! Nice job :o)

Denise Marzec on 6:15 AM CDT said...

These are BEAUTFIUL, Donna! Love your stuff, girl!

Carolina on 6:33 PM CDT said...

Sooo adorable Donna. This set is so much fun and love what you've done with it so far!!!

Jessie/knightrone on 3:12 PM CDT said...

Very pretty!!

Post a Comment