Monday, June 29, 2009

Simple stitching on a ‘sweet’ card


STVPF19 FTL48 sweet day

Since I’ve been on a kick for stamping the clean & simple style for a while now, I’m happy I discovered a blog that celebrates that style (thanks, Charmaine!) all the time!

This is the Fall to Layout #48 which is a fun round card!  I ended up combining 3 challenges for this card, actually!  Another is for StampTV’s Potluck Friday challenge {stvpf19} hosted by one of our center stage spotlight gals, Pam to go digital-to use our digital papers and make a non-standard sized card.  I chose to use the digital paper designed by Rupa Shevde, illustrator of the new 100% Sweet stamp set, which is what I used for the sentiment since that’s the only stamping on my card (I omitted part of the stamp which usually says birthday-to make it a more general card)!   The last challenge is Gina’s sewing challenge {svttc19} did you check out her videos on sewing?!  I think I need to get that sewing machine some day!  The one I have is a micro-mini and it only does straight stitching – I’m missing out on a lot not being able to do more stitches!!  Oh well…for the meantime, I will try to be content with what I have instead of wishing I had more!!

I finished off my card with some punched mini flowers with the new self-adhesive nail heads in the centers!  I love this card, it reminds me of yummy sherbet ice cream!!

Hope YOU Have a sweet day!!

Pin It

9 comments on "Simple stitching on a ‘sweet’ card"

Stacy Morgan on 2:09 PM CDT said...

This is too cute! Fun card.

Christi Flores on 4:00 PM CDT said...

OMG girl I love this!! Great color combo!!!

Jessie/knightrone on 7:39 PM CDT said...

This is totally cute!!

Christina Fischer on 10:50 AM CDT said...

So cute! I love these summery colors!

Savor the Journey on 9:49 PM CDT said...

How very clever to use that delightful paper! It's perfect! Love these yummy colors with your design!

~Bev

Rose Ann on 11:32 PM CDT said...

I love your scalloped circle card, Donna!! I love those papers, and your stitching looks perfect too!!

Carolina on 4:08 AM CDT said...

Love what you did with this sketch!!! So funny I've been combining this sketch with the CAS challenge over at SCS...great minds you and I! You card is adorable - the digi paper, the flowers with the nail heads, and the sewing which is just the perfect touch!!!

Monika/Buzsy on 7:52 AM CDT said...

What a great card Donna! Love the shape, the stitching and the punched out flowers... fun paper! TFS!

Natasha on 8:07 PM CDT said...

Adorable! What a delicious card :D

Post a Comment