Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Polished Stone Hot Air Balloon


SC232 polished stone

It’s Wednesday and Gina K. has a new video technique at StampTV to share with you!  This week it is Polished Stone and by accident she kicked it up a notch by bleaching her image after heat embossing.  I attempted to do that on my card, but there wasn’t as much of a dramatic result.  If you look closely at my card, you can see I have a lot of flecks of black embossing powder on my balloon, I’m not sure why that happened since I used a static rub.  Oh well, I think it gives the balloon a rugged, weathered look so I went with it.  

I used my Eclectic Summer StampTV kit but added a few elements from the first kit like the mustard layers and brads.  The horizontal panel that I stamped my sentiment on is some of the new FREE digital papers called Summer Fabrics, I used the Gauze and sponged some mustard ink on it, making sure my daubers made circles to mimic the polished stone.  I also used today’s sketch challenge on SCS {232} but kept my card clean & simple! 

Tomorrow morning I will have my StampTV sketch to share with you, as it’s my week to host!  ’See’ ya then!

Pin It

3 comments on "Polished Stone Hot Air Balloon"

Yvette on 5:42 PM CDT said...

What a cute cute card! :)

Alex on 6:50 PM CDT said...

This is really cute Donna! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Cat Tidwell on 6:49 AM CDT said...

Ooooo I love how you have done this Donna! what pretty colors too!

Post a Comment