Saturday, June 27, 2009

Weiman Wranglers – Color Challenge


wrangler

A few weeks ago, Cowboy Ethan Weiman just a few months shy of his 5th birthday, lost his battle to Leukemia.  My heart went out to this family, I cannot begin to comprehend the pain they are experiencing.  Lauren Meader partnered with Melissa, owner of Pink Cat Studio to create the Weiman Wranglers-Ethan & his little sister Ava on horses, available as digital downloads in which the proceeds will be donated to the Make a Wish foundation in Ethan’s honor.  Make a Wish granted a wish for Ethan, his very own horse so that’s why they are donating the $ to them in his honor. 

I chose to buy these digital images not only to help in this fundraiser, but because I knew these stamps would be perfect to scrapbook my nephew’s 1st birthday party pictures, which was a cowboy theme. 

The cards I made are to send to my nephew & niece just to say hello!  The boy wrangler I made using Lauren’s Color Challenge today {MTTC03} Brown, Mustard, Green & Terracotta and the sketch I is from Our Creative Corner sketch challenge today.  I chose to use Gina K. Designs’ Ribbon Stripes in lieu of the left vertical panel, I thought it went nicely with the images and I topped it off with a lasso made from hemp cord.

wrangler2

Here is the little cowgirl, made with red, brown & mustard.  I love the little sentiments that are available as downloads too. 

Here is the link to Ethan’s mom Alicia’s blog if you’d like to venture over there and leave her some love; if you are a praying person, please join me in asking for God’s comfort in the days, months and years ahead as they move on with their lives without their precious little boy. 

Pin It

13 comments on "Weiman Wranglers – Color Challenge"

Piali on 11:10 PM CDT said...

very cute cards!! TFS :o)

Angie Tieman on 9:16 AM CDT said...

Darling cards, Donna, and for such a great cause! Love those little cowfellows! Did you get my email where I answered you back? Just wanted to make sure it went through!

Bananastamper on 10:01 AM CDT said...

Great cards! I especially love the lasso! I have had so much fun playing with these great digital images - and going to such a great cause in memory of a very special little boy.

shanna

Christi Flores on 11:03 AM CDT said...

This is too stinkin cute!!!!!

Terri Trotter Earley on 1:33 PM CDT said...

Great cards. I love your hemp on that as well. Wonderful job with the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Jenny Gropp on 2:02 PM CDT said...

Thanks for playing along with the OCC and using the sketch for this very special card. The little lasso is darling.

Kristin Eberline on 8:08 PM CDT said...

Donna~

I love both of your cards! How perfect that they serve dual purposes in supporting the Weiman fundraiser and your nephew's birthday! Your coloring is fantastic, and I love the little lassos you added :O)

Thanks for playing along, for supporting and promoting the fundraiser and most importantly praying and requesting prayers for this amazing family. Like you, I cannot even imagine their grief, but will do anything I can to help ease their burden...and pray for them every day.

So glad you were able to play along again! I love seeing your work...you are so talented :]

Karen on 8:28 PM CDT said...

Both cards are cute! Love your use of the hemp cord and the wranglers! I've purchased my own set of Weiman Wranglers, but since I'm currently arguing with my printer, I went another route for the color challenge. Its been wonderful to watch this whole community come together.

Jennifer Meyer on 11:53 PM CDT said...

Both cards are adorable Donna, I just LOVE these image and your design layout is SO sweet!!

Have a wonderful week and thanks for playing along with the OCC!

Hugs & Smiles,
Jennifer :)

Carolina on 3:17 AM CDT said...

Darlin' cards Donna! You did a great job with challenges! These would have been perfect for Joseph Birthday...

Justine on 12:45 PM CDT said...

Great job Donna, love these little images.

DoxieGirl on 11:29 AM CDT said...

Great design! I love the hemp as "rope"!
~Kendra

AKiteFlier on 12:38 PM CDT said...

Donna these are SO adorable - who could not just fall head over heels in love with both of them. Thanks for participating in the challenge AND for supporting a very worthy cause! You ROCK!

Post a Comment