Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Best Bud – 3 day card!


SFYTT 061309

Here is my card for Jen’s Saturday Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT) and Lauren’s My Time to Inspire Challenge {MTTI02} which I didn’t complete until Monday afternoon, although I started working on it on Sat. 

You see, sometimes MOJO takes a little break**.  I was doing just fine with stamping last week and made a few things on Friday I was proud of.  Then Saturday rolled around and I had a nice day; it started with a few errands which included the local Farmer’s Market {which Eating Well Magazine voted #4 in the Top 10 in America!}-it’s hard to believe it’s been 11 years, I actually remember when it first started and my how it’s grown!!  I got some yummy veggies and grabbed a spinach empanada for breakfast there and if it wasn’t so hot and if I wasn’t by myself, I totally would have sat down & listened to some live music there.  My errands concluded with a trip to the library where I got a book by one of my favorite authors, Jodi Picoult Perfect Match and 3 movies (2 Bollywood and 1 American). 

As I sat down to stamp, and had a list of challenges I wanted to do, I started with Jen’s sketch-I had in my mind to make the 3 back panels with stamped patterned paper instead of pre-made patterned paper using my Bold Flowers set by Gina K.  Then, when it came time to do my front panel & sentiment, I got stuck.  Nothing seemed right so instead of getting frustrated, I stepped away from my messy desk to chill {ie watch the movies and read the book} and I didn’t step back to my stamp area until late Monday afternoon.  Thanks to a friend’s unexpected yet appreciated visit, she helped inspire me to finish my card with some suggestions.  Thank you, Pam!!

So here is the card that took me 3 days to finish!  I hope you like it!
By the way, Monday evening I finished that book {it was great} and after typing this post, I will watch the last movie I checked out!  What I’m learning is that I need to have balance; I have to take time to nourish my other hobbies because stamping is NOT my only one!  One last thing - MOJO came back…I’ll share more soon but in the meantime, off to watch my movie and get back into the other book Sisters, Ink which was recommended in the StampTV Stamping Lifestyle magazine **(which also has a great article about what to do if YOUR MOJO is missing)!!

Pin It

3 comments on "My Best Bud – 3 day card!"

Kristin Eberline on 4:43 PM CDT said...

Donna~

Wow...your card is such a wonderful interpretation of this challenge piece! LOVE LOVE LOVE your stamped patterned paper and the simple red panel and flower. PERFECT! So clean and contrasting...

So glad you were able to play along...and more importantly that your missing mojo forced you to balance the other things you like to do (something we could all learn from I expect). Also happy to see it returned with force! Your card is simply gorgeous :O)

Hope to see you this weekend for the template challenge!

Jennie on 4:57 PM CDT said...

Super cute card Donna! Love the background paper you created with the stamps :o)

I am a Jodi Picoult fan too! I recently read Handle with Care and quite an interesting book, highly recommend it. A real pager turner...I forsook stamping for a bit because that book had me so enthralled!
It is good to have lots of hobbies:o)

AKiteFlier on 9:20 PM CDT said...

Donna - so sorry I missed this when it was posted - this is a GREAT card and I love that you shared with us a great way to walk away when your mojo goes missing LOL I sometimes just sit and stare - for an hour... Thanks for playing Lauren's challenge - hope you'll come back and do more of them I also read Jodie Picoult and Handle with Care was quite intriguing.

Post a Comment