Friday, June 5, 2009

TECC71: For the Love of Cupcakes and Faith & Hope - TE Release Day!


card & notebook

Happy Cupcake Friday, Y’all! I hope you have a great cup ‘o joe or whatever your poison may be because this is going to be a BIG post!!

Did you see the sneak peeks from Taylor & half the Baker’s Dozen DT yesterday with the new sweet cupcake set?! I am so over the cupcake about it even though I have MANY cupcake sets – a cupcake lover can NEVER have too many cupcake options!! Here is my peek of the new set For the Love of Cupcakes with plenty of sugary goodness in the form of big and little cupcakes, accessories and more!! I just love Taylor’s sketch today but have to admit turning my bottom layer to the right was hard, as my first instinct is to tilt to the left but I truly like how my card turned out!! I made a cute matching notepad-cupcakes, of course and I wish I had bought more of these when I found them at the Target $1 spot months ago!

notepad sweets close up
Inside view of the notepad and close up of the stack o’ cupcakes! They are topped with various colors of stickles and liquid pearls bought at Taylored Expressions! I used the Cupcake Key Ingredients on my project, I just adore them!

The contents of the key ingredients are so delectable: Prism cardstock colors Suede Brown Medium, Razzleberry Medium & Light, Frosted Yellow, Nautical Blue Light, neutral cardstock Choice Snow White, Doodlebug patterned paper and 5 yummy yards of ribbon, 4 coordinating confections brads (one used on the bottom of the sentiment on notepad cover), and ½ oz. of Cyclamen glitter (used on the outer edge of my cupcake stand).

TECC71

Here is Taylor’s sketch for you to try out - how about a sweet Spring Treat? Taylor is giving away a FREE Tiny Twinkles to one random winner from among all the people who upload their sketch challenge cards to Paper CraftPlanet using the same TECC71 keyword. So hop on over and upload your card at PaperCraftPlanet and you could be the winner of some cute twinkle bling! It’s as easy as that!!! Be sure to leave a comment on Taylor’s blog and leave a link to your blog post or gallery upload using the Mr. Linky service so she can check it out! Remember Taylor changed the deadline for your submissions! You're always welcome to play with any of these sketches at any time, but now you'll have a week to make a card and link your creation on her blog in order to be eligible for the Featured Cupcake Sampler have them linked by Friday, June 12th at 10am CST for consideration of the week’s Featured Cupcake Sampler.

Be sure to check out the other Cupcake Crew’s Creations:

Taylor Van Bruggen
Ana Wohlfahrt
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Lynn Mercurio
Monika Davis
Stephanie Hargis

Today we have Barb Foster as our Featured Cupcake Sampler!!

cupcake dies cupcake dies inside
My next sample is the die cut cupcake cards you can get for FREE if you purchase the below ‘For the Love of Cupcakes Bundle'” of course, they come plain and you can decorate them all up as you like! I kept mine pretty simple, adding a small band of Eva Basic Grey designer paper to the top of the cupcake liner, prima flowers with coordinating brads in the middle as well as the nicely coordinated Lemonade Twill ribbon in the TE store. I also used some of the die cut stickers you get in the bundle to decorate the inside of the cupcake. These would be great to include in a gift bag for a birthday present or to present a gift card for a sweet friend!

For_the_Love_of_Cupcakes

One more surprise – told you this release would be BIG!
Faith and Hope is the first set in our new Lasting Impressions collection that will be released today, a wonderful collection of inspirational & quotes and encouraging Bible verses for those enduring tough times.

faith & hope box

I used the Perfect Package-small for the encouragement gift I made. They're made from super sturdy covered chipboard with a white matte finish. The box has a magnetic closure and it easily folds flat for storage with a tug on the ribbon tab. It makes packaging a little gift so classic & easy. I used the May 20th Key Ingredients to adorn my box lid and the contents inside as well as the Labels 4 Nestabilities dies, which coordinates so nicely with the delicate and beautiful fonts and flourishes in this set.

cards inside

The notecards I made are 3 inches and I had a great time mixing and matching all the designer papers in this key ingredients kit. I even had a mini r.s.v.p. pen to place inside, slipping in a small piece of patterned paper inside the barrel. I also made a jumbo paper clip with a scallop circle, making it double-sided for 2 different looks.

cards inside 2
More notecards – total of 6, I probably could have fit a few more.

bookmark
Lastly, I made a double-sided bookmark with magnetic closure which is my favorite!

bookmark & paperclip

Here is a view of the back side of the jumbo paperclip.

Thanks for sticking with me the whole way; I hope you enjoyed all my samples and have fun on the rest of your journey with Taylor & the Baker’s Dozen Design Team. I’m sure you will have even more fun SHOPPING for your new stamping goodies in the store!!

Taylor VanBruggen
Ana Wohlfahrt
Charmaine Ikach
Dawn Easton
Denise Marzec
Jen Del Muro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Laura Frederickson
Lori Schmidlin
Sankari Wegman

Have a ‘sweet’ weekend!!

Pin It

19 comments on "TECC71: For the Love of Cupcakes and Faith & Hope - TE Release Day!"

Jodi Collins on 10:17 AM CDT said...

Wow...I don't even know where to start with you girl! Everything you created is AMAZING!!! LOVE the cupcake note pad holder and the matching card! I never "tilt" my image but I just LOVE it on yours...I may have to try tilting (giggle!)
Your encouragement gift just blows me away! What a beautiful gift you have created!!

Lynn Mercurio on 10:19 AM CDT said...

Super job on EVERYTHING....I just love what you have done with today's sketch and the cupcake pad holder is totally delectable. Taylor's new cupcakes are tooooooo sweet!

Stephanie Hargis on 10:20 AM CDT said...

These are fabulous Donna! I love your version of this week's sketch! It turned out great! :D I hope you have a nice weekend!

((Hugs))

Karen Motz on 10:30 AM CDT said...

Wow Donna...I love everything! Your Faith & Hope notecard set is darling packaged up in the Perfect Package and I love love LOVE the notepad cover you made! Amazing projects!

Karen Giron on 10:44 AM CDT said...

You went all out! I am loving what you've made today - those cupcakes look delicious!! What a clever idea to make a note card set with the boxes. BEAUTIFUL!!

Unknown on 10:53 AM CDT said...

Oh Donna... first, your 2 top cards are so yummyful. Second, the gift set is beautiful and perfect. Third, you just cost me $. Now I have to get that Labels 4 Nestie die. Where is it? I clicked on the link, but can't find it at Taylor's.

Jami on 10:59 AM CDT said...

Wow Donna - you go girl! I love the whole idea of that wonderful gift set! And the cupcake card and notepad...awesome!

Ana Wohlfahrt on 11:19 AM CDT said...

Oh Donna!! These are all STUNNING!! I love all your work!

Christi Flores on 1:44 PM CDT said...

Oh yummy!!! Everything is fantastic!!!

Denise Marzec on 2:39 PM CDT said...

Holy moly, woman, you've been BUZZZZZ-Y! Everything is BEAUTIFULLY done!!

Jen del Muro said...

SO SO SO cuuute!

Monika/Buzsy on 6:39 PM CDT said...

Everything looks fantastic Donne! Great cards! Love the encouragement gift set! TFS!

Laura (scrapnextras) on 7:50 PM CDT said...

Fantabulous Donna! Your cupcake card and memo are awesome and the Faith and Hope set with the bookmarks is a real show stealer! Love your magnetic bookmark...will definitely be casing that!

Dawn Easton on 8:22 PM CDT said...

So cute Donna! Love the cupcake box you created too!

Jessie/knightrone on 9:46 PM CDT said...

Wow Donna, how awesome!!

Barb on 11:42 PM CDT said...

These are all just fantastic projects, Donna! That little box of cards is a beautiful giftie :)

Brenda on 12:09 AM CDT said...

Wow these are all so fabulous!!! I have an award for you on my blog. You can see it here stamp-it-up.blogspot.com

Carolina on 2:07 AM CDT said...

AMAZING!!! You are too fab for words. Stunning samples as always and so in LOVE with For The Love of Cupcake set which you used so sweetly!!!

Rose Ann on 1:00 PM CDT said...

Goodness, Donna...everything is totally fabulous!! I love your cute cupcake cards...and your gift set is amazing!!

Post a Comment