Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gina K. Preview Release Day: The Journey and Many Wishes


classic pick up

Here is a great classic pickup in the new set The Journey, illustrated by Asela Hopkins. I combined it with ‘You’re a Classic’ from Tee Talk since it was fitting!! My card base is Soft Sand and I paired it here with Chocolate Kiss which was distressed a lot, along with the sentiment tag. I thought adding natural hemp would be the best choice for this masculine card, I don’t think one should give a man a card with any ribbon on it – it’s just not right in my opinion but this is completely acceptable since it reminds me of twine and I remember my dad used to have a HUGE ball of that in the garage! I added some sponging to my focal image and brads to complete my clean and simple card.

stvsc18 happiness

Here is another clean and simple card I made using the new One Free with 3 set, Many Wishes by Gina K. It is a precious collection of different sized dandelions and sentiments of wishes for many occasions! When you purchase any 3 sets by Gina K. Designs, you add this set to your cart for FREE! On my card, I stamped the dandelions on kiwi kiss cardstock with versamark ink and on the Soft Sand focal image. The sentiment is embossed with black powder and I outlined the focal image with a black marker for depth because I didn’t have the room to fit a matted layer. The white flowers are from the Stamptv kit Floral Frenzy. The sketch is courtesy of Cat, who will be uploading it to StampTV later this morning for you to play along with for a free stamp set valued at $24.95 or less!

dandelion

During a resume class I attended today, the instructor asked if anyone had gone the past week without reminiscing of their childhood at some point. Sadly, some people raised their hands. Of course I had thought of it several times, one reason being it was Father’s Day and I have had to live 29 years without my dad. I naturally thought about Kathy Daume, whose father died 9 months ago, Gina K. whose father died in January, a friend from childhood whose dad died last month and some new friends who had to spend their first Father’s Day without their husband/dad. I remember how tough it was for me and how it would be for them. Even after all these years, I still miss my daddy and since I was only 9 when he died, he is a BIG part of my childhood still.

I also thought of my childhood when I was using this set; I thought fondly of the days when I would be outside with my sisters or friends playing and we would see these dandelions lining our paths just begging to be picked up, a wish to be told and a quick blow to release the feathers in the air. I believe I was told only if you blew the whole thing away with one breath would your wish come true! Ah, the joys of childhood! It’s sad that somewhere along the way we tend to lose sight of the small things that made us laugh, the carefree days when our only concerns in the world were which direction should we ride our bikes or will I be able to get away with not taking a bath tonight, I didn’t get that dirty!

I think it’s important, even as adults to get out and explore and take in nature. That is one thing our new hobby, Geocaching has done for us…it’s an avenue of exercise, it’s allowing us to explore the outdoors and discover hidden treasures like a duck pond less than 10 minutes from our house and most of all, spending time together is nice {that is until I start complaining about being ready to leave} but believe it or not, John…I am enjoying this new hobby of ours, it has brought some new friendships in our lives and I look forward to the years of memories we will share doing it. I still have not forgotten about sharing more about this hobby with y’all…I will and will have pictures to share too.

In the meantime, be sure to check out the following blogs for more inspiration:

Gina, Asela, Carolyn, Cathy, Cindy, Emily, Erika, Jessica, Joanne, Kurtis, Lee, Lynn, Melanie, and Theresa

Our CenterStage Spotlight Design Team members Selma Stevenson and Pam Imholz are joining us this morning with previews as well!

Are you excited about the release party tonight? Don’t forget—it’s from 7:00-10:00 p.m. CST and I’m sure everyone who shares their projects will rock the house! We’ll be releasing 6 new stamp sets, new Soft Stone Pure Luxury card stock and some great new accessories! Gina will be giving away lots of freebies as usual, including some sweet templates and digital papers!

Pin It

17 comments on "Gina K. Preview Release Day: The Journey and Many Wishes"

Carolina on 12:08 AM CDT said...

Aack, LOVE them both!!! Love all the sponging of the first one - you really made this truck shine and the way you tied the sentiment is just over the top perfect!

As much as I like the first one - I ADORE the second one - the colors, the main piece...it all came together so perfectly!

Theresa Momber on 12:16 AM CDT said...

Wowza, girl! These both rock! Me luvs the sponging!!!

Lee on 12:28 AM CDT said...

Ohhhh that blue pickup is totally a classic!!! In fact, that's very similar to the old truck we had long ago!!!! LOL And the second card........wow!!! Simply elegant!!!!

I'm soooo glad you're enjoying Geocaching!!! James and I went just a few days ago just the two of us!! It was a beautiful day!!!

Cathy on 12:56 AM CDT said...

Donna, I love the way you colored the truck and distressed the sentiment tag.

Lynn Mercurio on 5:20 AM CDT said...

What great projects, Donna. Your truck is fantastic and I just adore the way you did your sentiment.

I loved your post about your childhood remembrances of your dandelion fun. This card is beautiful with such wonderful colors and awesome design layout.

Kylah Marro on 5:26 AM CDT said...

WOW your cards ROCK!!!!!

Dawn on 5:33 AM CDT said...

wonderful samples...

and hello fellow geocacher! we just got back from Nova Scotia and did a little hunting on our trip!

someone placed a cache in our front yard, so if you're ever in the area, stop by!! LOL

Cat Tidwell on 6:13 AM CDT said...

Oh that truck looks fantastic Donna! I love how you made it look 'worn'! And the dandelions, wow, so very elegant and crisp and clean, LOVE it!!

And YES, you had to blow ALL of them off in one breath for the wish to come true!! we should all have a little bit of a kid left in us in some way I think!

Carla S. on 6:57 AM CDT said...

Two beautiful cards, Donna! Wonderful coloring and design details on both! TFS!

Carolyn King on 8:13 AM CDT said...

wonderful! love that blue truck and the distressing on the first. The second is so pretty!

Unknown on 10:04 AM CDT said...

Nice cards, Donna!! Your truck is gorgeous! See you tonight at the party!!

Cindy Lawrence on 10:47 AM CDT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy Lawrence on 10:47 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards, Donna! Love the vintage appeal of the first one, and clean simplicity of the second!

emilymomto3boys on 11:06 AM CDT said...

We've been thinking about doing that with the boys too! I'll have to look some up around here. Fantastic cards too!

Melisa Waldorf on 4:43 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards Donna!!

Jessie/knightrone on 8:40 PM CDT said...

You are amazing Donna!!

Denise Marzec on 8:57 PM CDT said...

Dang it! I just KNEW I should have ordered that set with the truck!! I knew it! Now that I'm staring at your masterpiece, I'm kicking myself for not getting it. Ah well, there's always next time, right? :)

Post a Comment