Sunday, June 28, 2009

SFYTT Sweet! Cupcakes


SFYTT sweet 

Happy Sunday, y’all!  Today I have a sweet cupcake card to share with you – using For the Love of Cupcakes by Taylored Expressions and Jen’s Sketch For You To Try from yesterday! 

I used my Sweet stack designer paper from DCWV in the blue, brown & white theme!  This card was simple & fun to put together, but I think it packs a mighty sweet punch!!  The frosting on the little cupcakes is liquid pearls and chocolate twill ribbon is by Taylored Expressions. 

Personal Stuff:  We had a nice day today touring 11 homes in the Cool House Tour which was a neat experience; we’re still in our gathering information stage for building our home.  It’s amazing to think what a huge difference building a green, sustainable living home can make - one of the houses was over 3,000 sq. ft. and their electric bill is under $100/month!  Can you imagine!?  There are a lot of factors that play into that equation, but and an important one is to be sure the envelope {house shell-walls & roof} is sealed properly and that’s one reason we are leaning toward using spray foam insulation as opposed to traditional insulation!  We saw a few neat features that I’m sure will make it on our likes/wants list for when we start architect shopping!

In the last home we saw {by far the biggest with over 5,000 sq. ft. } as it was slowly cooling down to 105 degrees from a staggering 107 in the middle of the day, we were blessed to try the most refreshing water around, rain water!!  The homeowners were so kind; I had a chance to chat with them a bit about a picture of their son I saw in one of the rooms where he was jamming on stage with U2, my favorite band of all time!  I was just tickled to see that!  She told me it was 1987 – a definite highlight in his life (I went to that concert, the Joshua Tree tour and have fond memories-my BFF in high school and I were huge fans! 

Hope you have a fabulous week!

Pin It

5 comments on "SFYTT Sweet! Cupcakes"

Jessie/knightrone on 10:42 PM CDT said...

Totally cute Donna, great job with this super hard sketch!!

Christi Flores on 11:25 PM CDT said...

Sweet indeed! I love it!!

Carolina on 3:16 AM CDT said...

Ahhh, what a fun day...glad you were able to spend some time John and those houses sound out of this world! I had no idea U2 was your fav band...I love their stuff too.

Love the sketch card - you nailed the sketch!!!

jen del muro on 8:21 AM CDT said...

super duper cuuute!

Rose Ann on 11:35 PM CDT said...

I love your frosting on your yummy little cupcakes, Donna!!

How exciting for you to check out homes and see lots of different ideas for your new one!!

Post a Comment