Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Christmas in July with Taylored Expressions!!


box 

Some of the Baker’s Dozen design team have a special Christmas in July blog hop for you today! 

Taylored Expressions has wonderful small and large square Perfect Packages in the store and we have featured them here & there. Well, we now have rectangular Perfect Packages sized perfectly to fit standard A2 sized cards and envelopes!!  These are a bright white matte finish that come flat, all you do is pull on the small ribbon to extend the front of the box and pop out the sides to expand.  Then fill & decorate to your heart’s content! 

 box close up

Since we are introducing these great new boxes to you and are celebrating a little Christmas in July, I have a set of Christmas cards and coordinating box to share with you!  I used the Tangled in Trimmings Cuppie from Season’s Sweetings and created my own greeting, ‘it’s the MOST wonderful time of the year?!” using my JustRite lower and uppercase fonts and rectangle stamper.  Isn’t that appropriate for this cuppie tangled up in his Christmas lights?! 

box of cards

I know Christmas can be just as stressful as it can be joyous at times.   So, this set of Christmas cards, complete with a decorated pen would be a nice gift to give to someone too busy to send out cards, let alone make them!    You can click on any photo to enlarge it. 

christmas in july card

In order to mass produce cards, it’s a good idea to keep your design simple.  This is my go to layout for that.  But, I wanted to keep it exciting, so I made my own template of a Christmas stocking of assorted Prism cardstock colors that coordinate with the Be Merry My Mind’s Eye paper collection to be matted to my focal image (popped up with foam tape).  This cuppie is from A Year of Sweets 3

close up

I used white liquid appliqué for the tops of the Christmas stockings hung on Cuppie’s fireplace, glitter pen accents and a red rhinestone for cuppie’s cherry.  All ribbons used on the cards can be found in the TE store.  I fit 10 cards/envelopes and decorated pen in the box.  

IMG_5514

and here is the inside of my cards (sentiment from A Year of Sweet Sentiments)  I am not into decorating the insides very elaborately, a greeting is good enough for me! 

NOTE: Christmas stamp sets will be 20% off in the TE store July 15-25!!  Taylor will give away a set of 5 of the new Perfect Packages in a random drawing on her blog so be sure to stop by there & then check out what the rest of the gals have to share with you!!

Taylor Van Bruggen
Ana Wohlfahrt
Charmaine Ikach
Dawn Easton
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Laura Fredrickson
Sankari Wegman
Jami Sibley
Guest Designer - Rachel Sztonyk

Pin It

13 comments on "Christmas in July with Taylored Expressions!!"

TannyP on 10:39 AM CDT said...

Fantastic job! I love the stockings!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) on 11:51 AM CDT said...

So cute! The colors are fabulous!

Laura (scrapnextras) on 12:42 PM CDT said...

FAbulous Donna! Love these Christmas cards and all the amazing detail! Your box is decorated so beautifully...what an amazing set!

Sankari W. on 1:25 PM CDT said...

Donna this AWESOME!!! LOVe the decorate pen!! what an awesome gift set to receive! LOVE that stocking template that you created - what a great idea! LOVE the colors and layout! You rock Ms. Donna!!!

Sankari W. on 1:27 PM CDT said...

OMGosh!!! My comment published!! I am so psyched! I was having trouble publishing - but then I talked to a few people who gave me insight onto some trouble areas - so now I am psyched ! AYYAYAYAY! i can publish a comment on your site - watch out!!!
lots of love
s. :)

Dawn Easton on 7:51 PM CDT said...

Fabulous!!! I love all the cards you have created for the box!! The little bits of shimmer is fabulous!

Jodi Collins on 9:59 PM CDT said...

These are, my friend, simply FABULOUS!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Christmas stocking you created! It really makes this set POP!! LOVE the colors and papers you used also! ROCK star I tell ya :)

Gingerbread Gal♥ on 11:22 PM CDT said...

HELLO! How adorable can this get? I am so in love with the layout using that super cute stocking. Ok I still can't get over that stocking! I LOVE IT! The cards are so sweet! The shimmer is just the perfect touch! WONDERFUL WORK!!!
:) Rachel

Chrisd on 6:49 AM CDT said...

What a sweet idea for using your Perfect Packaging. So cute and FAST
chrisd
cndomino@yahoo.com

Jessie/knightrone on 11:01 AM CDT said...

SUPER cute Donna!!

Rose Ann on 2:26 PM CDT said...

Your set of cards are so cute, Donna!! I love those adorable images, and your wonderful coloring!!

Jami on 5:27 PM CDT said...

Oh my goodness Donna - somehow I missed your blog in my hopping yesterday. Your box made me giggle!!! That is so funny and often soooo true! Your cards are absolutely ADORABLE! So glad you were able to play!

Carolina on 6:19 PM CDT said...

You ROCKED this hop! My fav from the hop...probably a little biased, but it's still the best one IMHO, so there! Hope you're doing okay, miss touching basis. I'm sorry I haven't been able to comment much. Off to go grocery shopping, but will be back to finish commenting on the posts I've missed! HUGS!!!

Post a Comment