Friday, July 31, 2009

TESC76: California Dreamin’


TECC76 ca dreamin

Well Happy Cupcake Friday, y’all! I am so excited to show you this card, I had so much fun making this card because it reminded me of the beautiful California beaches, oh how I miss them living in Texas! *I bet Taylor misses them too, since she moved back to IA* I have to tell you I’ve been to the coast in Texas and the beach here does NOT hold a candle to the ones in California! On my card, I decked the puppy out for a lazy day at the beach with his shades on using Beach Bum*; I omitted the cuppie from the sandcastle image and masked the puppy from Whimsical Wishes set Beary Specia*l. I colored the puppy black & white with prismacolor pencils, blended with odorless mineral spirits. I sponged in some clouds and added some embellishments from the Beach Bum key ingredients kit (the papers are from the kit as well). *these links are to the TE store – it is temporarily down, moving to a different server*

TECC76

Here is Taylor’s sketch for you to try - be sure to leave a comment on Taylor’s blog with the direct link to your blog post or gallery upload using the Mr. Linky service so she can check it out! You're always welcome to play with any of these sketches at any time, but you have one week to make a card and link your creation on her blog in order to be considered for the Featured Sampler (by Friday, August 7 at 10am CST)! As usual, you don’t have to use cupcakes for your creation either, but if you have them, why not use them!?!

Be sure to check out the Cupcake Crew’s Creations who, no doubt, will have some fabulous eye candy for you in various stamping styles (I just love it!)

Taylor Van Bruggen
Ana Wohlfahrt
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Lynn Mercurio
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens
Vicki Chrisman

Our featured sampler today is Teresa Kline – Enjoy the VA Sunshine who has some wonderful creations on her blog!

Hope you have a sweet day & super weekend!!

Pin It

11 comments on "TESC76: California Dreamin’"

Jami on 10:10 AM CDT said...

Donna - I love how your mind works - so creative! This card made me giggle!!! Too too cute!

Sherrie on 10:13 AM CDT said...

What a sweet little image....made me giggle too! Love it Donna!

Jackie Pedro on 10:27 AM CDT said...

Giggling here, too!! ADORABLE, Donna and so creative!!

Unknown on 1:08 PM CDT said...

So cute and clever!

Denise Marzec on 6:50 PM CDT said...

OMG!! (yes I'm yelling) I LOOOOVE how you put the puppy with the sand castle!!...MUST try that. AWESOME!

Jessie/knightrone on 7:29 PM CDT said...

This is just too cute!! Love it!!

Fonda @Southern Scraps on 7:33 PM CDT said...

What a cute card!

Rose Ann on 10:25 PM CDT said...

Oh my gosh...this is so adorable, Donna!! I love that image, and your coloring is wonderful!!

Lynn Mercurio on 10:52 PM CDT said...

Fantastic Donna. I agree about the beaches of California...they are most spectacular, and your card captures that California Dreamin' imagery! Great job.

Monika/Buzsy on 2:13 AM CDT said...

Fabulous card Donna! Love the beach scene, the great colors, the fun paper... TFS!

Pat (mspfd) on 11:57 AM CDT said...

Adore your card! Fabulous job.

Post a Comment