Monday, July 27, 2009

Gina K. Day 2 Preview: Timeless Treasures


timeless clock

Well, Theresa Momber did it again – another wonderfully illustrated set like no other I personally have seen done in rubber stamps! It’s a timeless collection of vintage-collage type stamps! The reason I say collage-type stamps is because that is how I chose to showcase them on my sample to share! I can imagine great scrapbook pages with this set too (you know you have older photos like black & white you aspire to scrapbook! I know I do)

I used the retiform (grid) technique, where I first stamped my images in memento rich cocoa ink on Gina K. baseweight ivory cardstock randomly. Then, I took post-it notes and randomly covered up spaces working from light to dark inks sponging color to create a collage look. I used mustard, rust and olive inks. Then, I distressed up the outer edges and layered it on chocolate kiss cardstock. I then remembered I had a package of Heidi Swapp ghost shapes – clocks and knew that would be a great addition to this card {I won them in a blog candy eons ago and was saving them up for the right project!) You won’t be able to tell because I just couldn’t photograph it well enough, but I dabbed some alcohol inks and gold metallic ink on the back of the clock. I added a brown brad to the center and a flourish punch to the corner.

For more projects made with the stamps previewed today, be sure to check out our other Senior Design Team Member's Blogs:
Gina, Asela, Cathy, Cindy, Emily, Erika, Kurtis, Jessica,Lee, Lynn, Melanie, and Theresa

and, be sure to check out our CenterStage Spotlight Design Team member's blogs for a card made with Timeless Treasures by Shannon Bracken and Brenda Turner has a card to show us that she made with the fun Are We There Yet stamp set too!

Be back tomorrow with another preview for you!!

Pin It

21 comments on "Gina K. Day 2 Preview: Timeless Treasures"

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! So beautiful!

Cindy Lawrence on 10:23 PM CDT said...

BEAUTIFUL, Donna!!! Love that technique with this set...perfection!

Melanie on 10:31 PM CDT said...

great retifrom! awesome use of the ghost shape!

Brenda on 10:43 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna this is fantastic!! I love how you made the background and the addition of the ghost shape is prefect.

emilymomto3boys on 11:02 PM CDT said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous - Donna! This is fantastic!

Theresa Momber on 11:38 PM CDT said...

Wow! Absolutely fabulous, Donna! That technique is awesome!

Mary on 12:08 AM CDT said...

Your card is gorgeous Donna.

Mary

Carolina on 2:44 AM CDT said...

Just stunning Donna! Love the vintage look to your card...such a great use of this image!

asela on 6:04 AM CDT said...

Oh I love vintage! Your card is perfect.

Cat Tidwell on 6:16 AM CDT said...

OH WOW! I LOVE that technique you have used! It looks awesome on this Donna!!

JazzyH on 6:39 AM CDT said...

Beautiful!

JenMarie on 7:51 AM CDT said...

WOW, this is just gorgeous!!!

Sharri on 8:06 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card Donna!

Julia Aston on 8:41 AM CDT said...

very pretty Donna! love how your sponged on your colors - that clock face stamp is super!

Unknown on 8:59 AM CDT said...

What a nice card - I love those colors, Donna.

joy on 9:03 AM CDT said...

Thank you for explaining your technnique - I like the distress look!

Tamara on 10:32 AM CDT said...

WOW!! I *love* this card. The colours, the way you masked and sponged (I have never seen this before), and the perfect addition of the ghost clock. One of my favourites.

Lee on 3:27 PM CDT said...

Wowza Donna!!!! Ohhh it's just gorgeous!!!! And that bg is amazing!!!

AKiteFlier on 4:01 PM CDT said...

gorgeous use of retiform Donna - wow and the final project is simply stunning!!!

I left you a "little love" on my blog in the form of a friendship blog badge. Please accept it with the knowledge that you have made a difference in my life! :-)

http://paperandribbonsandstampsohmy.blogspot.com/2009/07/circle-of-friends-blog-badge.html

redwasher1 on 5:20 PM CDT said...

Donna I just can't say enough about how you did your card!! I love the way you did that background you should make that into designer paper! I will be your first customer. Geri

redwasher1 on 9:31 PM CDT said...

Thank you Donna, yes! that would be a honor! Geri

Post a Comment