Friday, July 24, 2009

TECC75: Birthday Trio


TECC75 trio

Happy Cupcake Friday, Y’all! I can’t believe the weeks are just whizzing by! We’ve had a record number of 100+ temperatures but we actually finally got some rain Wednesday evening and it cooled down some, it was nice! Today’s card is brought to you by the July 20th key ingredient subscription from Taylored Expressions! It's currently sold out but click here if you'd like to be notified when it's available. It’s a new, fresh collection of Early Bird Cosmo Cricket papers and fun embellishments to coordinate (with the exception of the buttons, I borrowed them from my basic grey collection). The stamp set I used is Beary Special Accessories (it’s so fun to be able to use an accessories set as a main set, no?) I used a trio of fun birthday images: party hat, present and balloon peeking through to the inside of the card below:

tecc75 inside

I thought it would be fun to stamp the images on the inside and have peek-through windows – it was a little bit of work with all the layers I did, but I pulled it off and I love the end result!

TECC75

Here is Taylor’s sketch for you to try - be sure to leave a comment on Taylor’s blog with the direct link to your blog post or gallery upload using the Mr. Linky service so she can check it out! You're always welcome to play with any of these sketches at any time, but you have one week to make a card and link your creation on her blog in order to be considered for the Featured Cupcake Sampler (by Friday, July 31st at 10am CST)!

Be sure to check out the Cupcake Crew’s Creations who, no doubt, will have some fabulous eye candy for you in various stamping styles (I just love it!)

Taylor Van Bruggen
Ana Wohlfahrt
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Lynn Mercurio
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens
Stephanie Hargis
Vicki Chrisman

Our featured sampler today is the talented Alex Maldonado who created this oh so adorable Teddy Bear card that captured Taylor’s eyes as well as a this super cute & funny shark-shaped card! I know she will have something delightful today too!

Have a ‘sweet’ day and weekend!

Pin It

13 comments on "TECC75: Birthday Trio"

Jami on 10:22 AM CDT said...

Love the window idea - so cute! That was some work indeed!

Monika/Buzsy on 10:42 AM CDT said...

Fabulous card Donna. Love the windows... and the great paper! TFS!

Taylor on 11:59 AM CDT said...

This is awesome, Donna! I really like how your images are on the inside of the card!

Angie Tieman on 2:10 PM CDT said...

Wowza! Super cuteness, Donna!

Vicki Chrisman on 2:20 PM CDT said...

How fun! Love that its interactive! Super cute!

Rose Ann on 2:29 PM CDT said...

I love what you've done with the sketch here, Donna!! I love all of those cute images in the windows!! I love the pretty papers too!!

Karen Motz on 4:29 PM CDT said...

Super CUTE Donna! Love how you turned the circles into windows...brilliant!

Jody Morrow on 9:39 AM CDT said...

Adorable card! I LOVE the way you made the 3 peek-a-boo windows!

Vanessa on 2:57 PM CDT said...

Neat card. . .the circle windows are fun. I think I will case this card. . .I need to get the card creativity juices rolling.

Jackie Pedro on 4:18 PM CDT said...

What a cute card, Donna! Hope you are having a great weekend!!

Carolina on 10:38 PM CDT said...

Adorable card Donna! Love the peek of the images on the card front and how beautifully you colored them.

Emily Leiphart on 9:25 PM CDT said...

I love the windows! Thanks for the inspiration.

Beverley on 10:16 PM CDT said...

I love quick and easy cards...but this one is so cute also...thanks for sharing it with us.

stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

Post a Comment