Monday, July 6, 2009

Last of the birthday blessings!!


saucy brak

Well it sure was true, I celebrated my birthday for a full month!!  Here are the last of my shares: the above sweet ‘bee-lated’ card is from Karen Motz – she is on the Baker’s Dozen DT with me and so Saucy!! 

IMG_5467

This sunshiny card is from my dear friend Kay that I met for breakfast last Friday to catch up with stuff (hadn’t seen each other since mid-May).  We (us and her son’s girlfriend) chatted it up at Galaxy Cafe for 3 hours!  It went by pretty fast but we all enjoyed ourselves!  It was so sweet of her – she wanted to treat me & John out for a date!  Coincidentally, since today is our 12th anniversary – we just may go this evening!!!

brak from melanie

Here is another card from Melanie who also sneaked in a gift certificate to Mirabelle Restaurant!!   She was in cahoots with Carolina

BRAK Carolina '09

who arranged for Melanie to purchase a gift certificate to the restaurant from her & her husband Andy so John and I could have a nice meal out for my birthday!!  She also sent Melanie this gift to hand deliver to me!  I was so shocked when Melanie told me she had something to give me and wanted to meet me a few weeks ago – we actually drove up to Viva Chocaloto for some truffles & gelato and she presented the gift from Carolina.  I was moved to tears by her gesture and generosity and also grateful for Melanie’s willingness to execute the plan so well!  Look at the cute green flower purse she sent me to take on my date and the adorable compact she made…

inside compact

this is what she put on the inside, lifting the cute picture of my niece from my blog and putting it inside a flower.  I’ll tell ya, Carolina is definitely a friend who knows the direct way to my heart – via delicious food, purses and my sweet niece who I miss so much!!!

Here are some photos from our dinner out; appetizer of Smoked Pork Tenderloin Flautas with Mexican Oregano Sauce, my entree of Chilean Sea Bass with Shiitake-Pinot Noir Sauce for me, John’s entree of Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Smoked Gouda Cheese  and to top it off yummy desserts of Lemon Country Tart for me and “Devastatingly Dark” Chocolate Sacher Torte for John.  WOW – what a meal!  Thank you again, Melanie and Carolina…I am so blessed and grateful for your friendships – and John is too!  He joked about making wanting to make some stamping friends so he can get great gifts too-I chuckled and told him he is benefitting anyway because my friends like him too!    Thank you, my friends for making me feel so special!!

Pin It

5 comments on "Last of the birthday blessings!!"

Rose Ann on 1:40 PM CDT said...

What wonderful gifts from your super sweet friends, Donna!! You are soooo deserving, girl!! Happy Anniversary!! I hope you have a fantastic day!!

buggin2stamp on 6:10 PM CDT said...

What wonderful birthday presents. You have some amazing friends.

Jennie on 8:08 AM CDT said...

These are so sweet! What special friends you have...friends are truly a gift from above :o))

Lori on 1:34 PM CDT said...

You know that having such good and sweet friends, means that you are a sweet and wonderful friend. Looks like you had a fantastic month! Can I borrow that purse?! Smiles!

Carolina on 4:16 PM CDT said...

Ahhh...what wonderful gifts - you know we all know love, love, love you!!!

Post a Comment