Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20 Key Ingredient Subscription with Taylored Expressions


July 20 KIS

This month, Taylor challenged the Baker’s Dozen Design Team to make either a home decor item or housewarming gift and I combined the 2 with a set of 3 framed prints to send to Taylor as a housewarming gift!

I purchased the set of 3 white frames from Target a few months ago, knowing some day I would utilize them for a great project. I chose 3 cuppies from the Stamp a Sweet Impression line of stamps available at Taylored Expressions, as well as 3 coordinating sentiments from the Faith & Hope set in the Lasting Impressions line of stamps. All supplies used are in the July 20th key ingredients subscription, except I did not use the chipboard pieces or liquid pearls that came in the kit (they are great but I just couldn't fit them in this design, but tomorrow I will have a project on the Stamp a Sweet Impression blog that uses them so check back!).

sail close up

Here is a close up of the Beach Bum sailing cuppie with sentiment, “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship”. Louisa May Alcott.

spring rain close up
Here is a close up of the umbrella toting cuppie from A Year of Sweets 1 with sentiment, “Expect to have hope rekindled, expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways, the dry seasons do not last, the spring rain will come again.” Sarah Ban Breathnach

sunshine close up
Here I used A Year of Sweets 2 cuppie in the flowers and sentiment, “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It’s what sunflowers do.” Helen Keller

card for Taylor

Lastly, here is the card I made to send to Taylor and her husband Jon, celebrating their new home & blessing in their lives with Taylor working her stamp business full-time! I used this week’s cupcake challenge sketch {TECC74} for my layout and the Branching out stamp set, including personalization of the birdhouse representing the Van Bruggen’s house. I added a little red heart above the lovebirds too. I already mailed this gift to Taylor and she received it this past weekend, so I thought I would share her sweet response to the surprise (hope it is o.k. with her!)

“OMGosh... I am nearly speachless. Those frames are sooooo adorable! I love the Faith and Hope sentiments that you paired with the cuppie images... so perfect. Almost like they were designed to go together! I am planning to hang these in my house somewhere. They are just too pretty to go unnoticed so I'll have to find a special spot for them. I love the card you made too! It's so special how you wrote VanBruggen on the little bird house. :)”

Be sure to check out all the details about the Key Ingredient Subscription on Taylor’s blog today as well as the following ladies who have more wonderful creations to share with you using this month’s key ingredients!

Ana, Charmaine, Jodi, Karen G, and Laura

And be sure to sign up for the Taylored Expressions Newsletter delivered directly to your email each month, today I am the Featured Designer in it!

Pin It

9 comments on "July 20 Key Ingredient Subscription with Taylored Expressions"

Laura (scrapnextras) on 10:20 AM CDT said...

Donna, this is amazing! No wonder Taylor was speechless! Fabulous in the concept and perfect execution!

Jodi Collins on 10:20 AM CDT said...

Ok Rock Star...these are AWESOME!! LOVE the set of frames you made for Taylor...they are just gorgeous and so full of meaning! I ADORE how you wrote VanBruggen on the birdhouse! You ROCK girl!

Rose Ann on 10:52 AM CDT said...

Incredible and special gift set, Donna!! I can see why Taylor responded the way she did!! You are a sweetheart!!

Karen Giron on 11:32 AM CDT said...

Donna, these are fabulous - what a perfect little gift set! Love the ribbon to hang the frames on, that's lovely!

Karen Motz on 12:30 PM CDT said...

This trio or art is awesome! Love the sentiments you paired with the cuppies...they're so perfect! That card is adorable too with the little red heart!

Jessie/knightrone on 5:37 PM CDT said...

You are just too sweet girlie!!

Dawn Easton on 8:50 PM CDT said...

Donna, your gift is wonderful girl!!!

Jennie on 6:38 AM CDT said...

What a perfect gift for Taylor! Great job and so very creative :o)

Taylor on 9:30 AM CDT said...

These are so fabulous, Donna! Even more beautiful in person... thank you, friend!

Post a Comment