Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Release Day with Gina K. – Tropical Windows


tropical comfort

I’m happy to share a sample with you using Gina K.’s new One Free with Three stamp sets! It’s a wonderful tropical flowers encased in a rectangle 'window' that are solid stamps, hence the name Tropical Windows. Since the majority of my stamping is with outline stamps, sometimes its refreshing to have a solid stamp you don’t have to spend the time coloring.

I enjoyed making this card although it was not a happy occasion. It was for one of my husband’s co-workers whose sister died recently. She always likes my cards, and she was quick to tell me and thank me when I saw her last weekend. There’s a group of people he works with that likes to go to the movies and eat out together. I call us the Smart Movie Bunch (not because we’re smart or anything but that’s the name of their group at work (can’t tell you what the S.M.A.R.T. acronym works for because of anonymity). The group changes with several individuals because someone or other may have something going on that prevents them from going sometimes. But, we sure do have a great time regardless of who comes! This weekend we saw Transformers II at the IMAX (that’s always such a great experience!) and we went to Java Noodles for an early dinner and I got to have one of my favorite desserts of all time Halo Halo next door!

On my card, I used the new Pumpkin Spice cardstock, and inked up the tropical flower with VersaMark for a tone on tone background on the left side. Then, for the focal image, I embossed it with clear embossing powder on Gina K. pure luxury 80 lb base weight ivory cardstock. Then, I took really rust ink pad and rubbed it with a sponge dauber, the emboss resist technique. I finished my card with some ivory taffeta ribbon and a sentiment from Comfort & Peace.

005.JPG

Comparisons of Pumpkin Spice to SU! colors for your reference

008.JPG

Comparisons of Green Apple to SU! Colors for your reference

To see more projects made with the stamps previewed today, be sure to check out our other Senior Design Team Member's Blogs:
Gina, Cathy, Cindy, Emily, Erika, Kurtis, Jessica, Joanne, Lee, Lynn, Melanie, and Theresa

And our Center Stage Spotlight Design Team member, Sue Morris is joining in with our preview today using Tropical Windows.

Don't forget to join us at our Release Party tonight at SCS starting at 7pm CST. There will be contests, challenges, lots of chatter as well as a lot of samples shared by the Senior Design team members and our Center Stage Spotlight team too! You won't want to miss it! I’m afraid I will miss most of the party since I’m taking an evening computer class – but I’ll be there!!!

Before you go – I want to share a sweet blog award I got from StampTV member Stampin’ Pam! Thank you for the honor, you are so kind & encouraging! I just adore all the great friends this craft has brought into my life – at just the right time!! *wink*

circle_of_friends_-_award[1]

Pin It

14 comments on "Release Day with Gina K. – Tropical Windows"

JenMarie on 10:07 PM CDT said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!

emilymomto3boys on 10:15 PM CDT said...

wonderful pumpkin flowers!

Cat Tidwell on 10:15 PM CDT said...

This is awesome Donna! Love the warm feeling on this!

Linda on 10:32 PM CDT said...

Beautiful card! The colors just feel like a warm hug.

redwasher1 on 10:54 PM CDT said...

Awesome card Donna, gorgeous!!

Brenda on 11:09 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous card Donna!

Lee on 12:53 AM CDT said...

Ohhh I love the pumpkin spice with this set!!! Sounds like a fun group to hang around with Donna!!

Monika/Buzsy on 2:40 AM CDT said...

Fabulous card Donna' Love the solid flower image... thanks for the color comparison.

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama on 8:10 AM CDT said...

Love, love, love the monochromatic look! Beautiful!

Theresa Momber on 8:26 AM CDT said...

Fabulous, Donna! I love the way you used the flower to create a stamped border.

Melanie on 12:55 PM CDT said...

I like the border a lot!

Jessie/knightrone on 8:02 PM CDT said...

This is beautiful!

Denise Marzec on 6:51 PM CDT said...

Beautiful, Donna!

Rose Ann on 10:26 PM CDT said...

Your sympathy card is so beautiful, Donna...though I'm so sorry you needed one.

Post a Comment