Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gina K. Preview Day 3: Signs of Autumn StampTV Kit


sunflowers

Here is a card I made using most of the elements of the new Stamp TV kit Signs of Autumn, a great collection of autumn images both outline & solid and Thanks a Million, a perfect collection of gratitude sentiments combining standard & script fonts for a classic & elegant look!  I used the sunflowers image and sentiment “the world is a better place because of you” (I stamped because of you on the inside).  The digital papers I used for this set are Timeless Treasures (solid green) and Signs of Autumn (the funky circles and squares pattern, which I LOVE) colors just remind me of a field of sunflowers which is what I tried to recreate with the blue shadow outline like the sky.  The ribbon, dazzle & bling ivory flowers (I colored it yellow to match the sunflowers) and brads are also in the kit. 

sunflowers close up

Close up of the crystal lacquer on the flower centers.  I colored the image with peerless watercolors and Niji waterbrush on pure luxury cardstock (80 lb layering weight). The final touch was piercing around the focal image with the circle piercing template.

stamptv mosaic

On this card, I paired a few other images from the StampTV kit with Inspiration Mosaic, masking the sections where I wanted to place the images.  I thought using my retired Pumpkin Patch spectrum pad with autumn colors would be a great compliment to the sunrise/sunset sentiment in the set.  For the card base, I used the new Green Apple cardstock which will be available this Thursday.  It is a wonderful shade, in between Kiwi Kiss and Old Olive.  I also adore the Pumpkin Spice, a wonderful rust color – I’m just thrilled with the colors & quality of Gina K.’s cardstock – I wait with anticipation for the reveals each month!   FYI: Pumpkin Spice will come in the StampTV kit only this month, but will be released as an individual buy for our August release. 

For more projects made with the stamps previewed today, be sure to check out our other Senior Design Team Member's Blogs:
Gina, Asela, Cathy, Cindy, Emily, Erika, Kurtis, Jessica,Joanne, Lee, Lynn, Melanie, and Theresa

Our Center Stage Spotlight Design Team member, Dawn Lusk is joining in our previews today. Remember to check out StampTV for the new video today - Gina will be showing a project made with the new Signs of Autumn StampTV kit!

Don’t forget, just 2 more days until the new release party! It’s Thursday, July 30 7:00-10:00 p.m. CST!  I will be there, but very late because I’m taking a computer class in the evenings this week. 

Pin It

18 comments on "Gina K. Preview Day 3: Signs of Autumn StampTV Kit"

Theresa Momber on 10:06 PM CDT said...

Donna, both of these cards are fabulous! Wow!

Melanie on 10:11 PM CDT said...

love the way you did the sentiment in the first, and love th scene!

emilymomto3boys on 10:30 PM CDT said...

Donna, these are really pretty! Great job using Mel's set here as well!

Scrapacat on 10:44 PM CDT said...

Beautiful work! I especially love the gradient shading of a wonderful sunset (or rise) with the rooster. Gorgeous stuff!
~ky

Linda on 10:48 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards. I love the way you paired images.

Brenda on 11:03 PM CDT said...

Wonderful cards!! Donna your coloring is fabulous!

joy on 11:40 PM CDT said...

The sunflower will be perfect for a sister who loves them. You've done a beautiful job.

Lee on 11:45 PM CDT said...

OH sooo very sweet Donna!!!!! I hope you enjoy the class and still get to pop in at the party!! Hugs and prayers are with you on your new journey in life!!!

A Consuming Passion on 1:21 AM CDT said...

Wow Donna, two more gorgeous cards!! I really love the second one using Melanie's set as well as the Stamp TV!!! Looks like we're all going to be busy next month!!

Cat Tidwell on 6:24 AM CDT said...

Awesome coloring on that first one Donna! LOVE it! And love how you have done that with Mel's set, awesome scene with the rooster! Too cool!

slbt17 on 7:00 AM CDT said...

thanks for the inspiration! I am really loving Melanie's new stamp!
Sandra

Lori on 7:15 AM CDT said...

Both cards are beautiful, but the 2nd is my absolute favorite!

Dawn on 7:32 AM CDT said...

Donna, your sunflowers are gorgeous! and I gotta have the mosaic set!!

Tina on 7:37 AM CDT said...

Donna... these are so beautiful! I love the way you used Melanie's stamp in the 2nd and your coloring is awesome!

asela on 7:47 AM CDT said...

Love how you combined the sets! Beautiful cards

JenMarie on 8:00 AM CDT said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!

Unknown on 9:42 AM CDT said...

Donna, what pretty cards!! Great job - have fun at your computer class tomorrow night!

Jennie on 10:33 AM CDT said...

These cards are gorgeous! Love the way you used the spectrum pad! WOW! The flowers on your first card are so pretty as well. Nice designs and looking forward to seeing the whole set!!

Post a Comment