Monday, July 14, 2008

Inspired by Jane - Cutie Cowgirl Sophia



As I was reading blogs the other day, I came across the cutest card by Jane {Whoopsie Daisy!} that she made-it's not that often I make a card inspired by another person. It doesn't mean I don't want to, it's just that there are so many challenges out there right now it becomes overload and occasionally I need to come up with a design all my own (those are becoming few & far between though). However, when I saw this card, we exchanged emails & asked her if I could case it. She was so sweet when she said, "I'm blushing that you think my card is CASE worthy. The windows are, I guess, something I started way back with my "pigs" card. It's in my gallery at SCS. YOU're the one I am always looking to for ideas! lol! But thank you for the compliment... for making my day." Well, Jane- Thank You for your great idea!! What do you think??

I thought it was PERFECT for my Cutie Cowgirl Sophia & with Kristina Werner's color inspiration #15 I had the PERFECT card to share today! So - in case you can't resist this Cutie Cowgirl Sophia any longer - head on over to Paper Pretties & sign up for the Stamp of The Month Club so you can get her in August (a month before she's released to the general public) and if you do...don't forget to tell Christie I made you do it!) HA and while you're there check out the sale on ribbon slides & ric rack!
Stamps: Paper Pretties SOTM Howdy Girlfriend, SU! Stars wheel
Cardstock: Really Rust, Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Really Rust, Palette Noir
Accessories: stars, squares & word window punches, celery & chocolate grosgrain ribbon, sakura stardust pen, brads, distressor
Pin It

12 comments on "Inspired by Jane - Cutie Cowgirl Sophia"

Jana Weaver on 7:30 AM CDT said...

VERY cute card Donna...I love all those stars with Sophia!! Gotta get those punches!!! ;-) The colors work great for her too!

Angie Tieman on 10:21 AM CDT said...

Super cute card!! Love how she's peeking out that square window, and the stars are great!

Linsey R on 12:14 PM CDT said...

Oh, this is SO cute, Donna! I love the great square cut-outs with this darling gal greeting us! And the color combo is awesome and the stars are fab! Jane is great too, I'm gonna have to visit her and see her card too. Hugs and have a great day!

Lee on 2:31 PM CDT said...

Oh just total adorable-ness on a whole new level Donna!!!! I love the little windows....this card is just sooooo fun and creative!!

Carolina on 4:42 PM CDT said...

Oh what a fabu idears!!! Love how you were able to jump from the penguins to Sophia - she's adorable peeking out and the way you adhered the sentiment is just perfect. Love the stars and color combo too - awesome job!!!

Christi Flores on 5:12 PM CDT said...

This is adorable!!!

Jessie/knightrone on 5:42 PM CDT said...

This is just super cute Donna!!! I love the stars!!

Ila on 11:48 PM CDT said...

Wow!! Super Cute and Fabulous!! love the colors, stars and the way the layout!!

Unknown on 9:00 AM CDT said...

What an awesome card!! TOtally cute the way she is popped out! :)

Alex on 11:11 AM CDT said...

So cute Donna, love the colors, fab card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann on 1:54 PM CDT said...

These are such great colors for your cowgirl!! I love the windows and all of those stars!! Cute card, Donna!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:08 PM CDT said...

I LOVE Sophia peeking throught the window! Adorable!

Post a Comment