Wednesday, July 2, 2008

MORE exciting news!! Page Plans sketches & Paper Pretties Party!!


During the month of July I will be guest designer for Page Plans!

I've known this tidbit of info for a week (and coincidentally found out the same day I was asked to be a guest Prettie Girl) but I had to keep mum about it until the official announcement. I earned my spot for submitting this card based on a Page Plans sketch .
I am so excited because if you follow along my blog you will know I love a good sketch challenge (half the work is done already, you just have to choose your elements & work it into the sketch, tweaking & adding your flavor to it) If you haven't tried a sketch challenge before, I encourage you to do so! In addition to Page Plans, I have a list of challenges on the right of my blog - take the time to check them out if you haven't already. Challenges encourage you to branch out & discover new things in your stamping! I used a soon to be retired set by SU! Natural Beauty which I really like and soon to be retired In Colors. There is sparkle on the main image, but it was hard to capture in the waning sun last night.

Here is a 6 x 6 scrapbook page I made for the Paper Pretties Stampin' In Your Jammies party last night. It sure was fun! We even crashed the server, but Christie was on the horn & it was fixed in no time (gave us a chance to breathe & work on the challenges, though). This is using the newly released set Soakin' Up the Sun and I used the Page Plans Layout (LO) sketch for it. It may look funny that my niece is fully clothed at her 1st beach outing but since it was in March, it was pretty cold in Northern California (explained in my journaling).

P.S. - what do you think about my new Paper Pretties watermark Christie sent me?
Pretty darn cute, if you ask me!

Pin It

15 comments on "MORE exciting news!! Page Plans sketches & Paper Pretties Party!!"

Dawn Easton on 9:14 AM CDT said...

Congrats on all your big news Donna!! Can't wait to see all you create girl!

Unknown on 9:21 AM CDT said...

Congrats Donna!!! What a great month you are having already!! :) LOVE your card and your page is incredible!! :)

Monika/Buzsy on 9:49 AM CDT said...

Congratulations Donna! You are just a busy bee these days! Great card ans page! Love the images and colors...
I gave you an award! Again! Check it out!

Melissa on 9:55 AM CDT said...

I love love love the 6x6 scrapbook page! Fabulous job Donna!

Many Blessings,
M.

Marilyn on 4:29 PM CDT said...

You are rocking these sketch challenges Donna!! Love the Paper Pretties page too - and I like how you layered the two photos together - So happy and excited for you and can't wait to see more of what you do!

Lee on 4:35 PM CDT said...

WooHoo!!! You go girl!!! Congrats on guesting....you are so talented and I LOVE your creations!! And that watermark is dang cute!!! I still need to make myself one!

Angie Tieman on 4:36 PM CDT said...

Congratulations!! So great to hear more good news for you! You deserve it! Love your card and your page! You did awesome with the sketches!

Carolina on 5:19 PM CDT said...

I'm soooo jumping for joy for you right now!!! Such exciting news about your guest designer spot for Page Plans - they're very fortunate to have you! HUGS!!!

Rose Ann on 7:15 PM CDT said...

Congratulations, Donna!!! That is awesome news!! I love your pretty sketch card and your page is fantastic!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 7:32 PM CDT said...

ADORABLE, Donna! And congratulations, girl! THings are happening for you! YIppee!

Barbara Schram on 8:08 PM CDT said...

Donna,

I have missed so much in a week! CONGRATULATIONS on your PaperPretties Design team assignment and now for page plans! Your work is so deserving and I can't wait to see what you will be creating next! Great cards, and Gabby's page is adorable. Take good care! {{{HUGS}}}

Melanie on 10:38 PM CDT said...

well, I guess you came and posted all this after I checked this morning and had to read about the party from jessie, did you get ym email?? Ocngrats on another Dt sopot, these acards aere adorable, boot is spectacular!

Ila on 12:08 AM CDT said...

Congratulations!!...I love your card and the layout is Gorgeous!!

Deb Wood on 2:01 PM CDT said...

I love the new design of your web site, awesome!! Such a beautiful card and an adorable page! Is that a stamp from paper pretties because I didn't see anything on there of their own! Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot or maybe the only way to get them is through the club! Hmmmm?

Jessie/knightrone on 11:08 AM CDT said...

Way to go Donna!!! Your cards are beautiful, as always!!

Post a Comment