Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Prettie Wednesday - Trash to Treasure


I don't participate in enough challenges (yea, right) so I decided to join the Prettie Girls in their Wednesday challenges on the DT. This week's challenge from Julie is to turn your trash into treasure. WHAT? Dig through my trash? I had no idea what to do with this. Then as I was making lunch one morning last week, I saw my Laughing Cow Cheese container. It's like a soft cardboard. So here it is re-purposed with Howdy Girlfriend, the Stamp of the Month. Can you tell I love this Cutie Cowgirl? I had leftover dp from my card last week and I love to use up my scraps so I used them. You can use this little box for embellishments or anything small you need to keep together.
Since I made this cutie a redhead, guess what? It's going to be sent to Charmaine (sorry the green, blue & white dew drops are not included-those were a gift) ok maybe I'll send a few.

Check out what the other Prettie girls did with this challenge (they are on the right on my blog). Be sure to check out Paper Pretties for the SALE this month and if you haven't joined the SOTM club yet so you can get Howdy Girlfriend a month before the general public, mosey on over & y'all* don't forget to tell Christie Donna sent ya.

*I actually do say y'all after all I've lived in Texas for 11 years, but I swore up & down I would not ever say it! Within the year it started to slip! Doh
Pin It

14 comments on "Prettie Wednesday - Trash to Treasure"

Cat Tidwell on 8:53 AM CDT said...

Too cute! What a neat idea too. I love that stamp...I so need to get one of those, have lots of GF it would be fitting to use and send to, lol!

Jana Weaver on 9:08 AM CDT said...

I LOVE it! The dp is just perfect, and such a great little box to store all kindsa fun stuff in!! Really beautiful job!

Marilyn on 1:01 PM CDT said...

This is great Donna - love the cowgirl!! And the y'all thing does have a way of rubbing off on ya when ya live in Texas!! LOL!

Christi Flores on 1:22 PM CDT said...

I've thought about altering my Laughing Cow cheese container too!! How awesome!!

Lee on 3:11 PM CDT said...

Ohhhhh.........FAB U LOUS!!!! I buy these too and always throw them away.........well, not anymore!!! I'm totally lovin' this idea and really have got to remember to check in at Paper Pretties often!! I'm just waiting to get my first stamps!!!!

Jessie/knightrone on 3:34 PM CDT said...

So super cute Donna!!! Love your "trash"!!

Janine on 5:10 PM CDT said...

FAbulous project!!!

Pamela Smerker on 8:22 PM CDT said...

Too cute!! I may have to buy some of that cheese now just to get the container. LOL!
Thanks for the sweet comments and the votes. I can use all that I can get.
big hugs your way!!!!

Alex on 8:58 PM CDT said...

Totally cute Donna, and since I eat this cheese, now I can use the container - LOL! Thanks for sharing your adorable project, I love it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Hannah on 10:27 PM CDT said...

I love how you made the Laughing Cow into a Laughing Cowgirl! LOL!

Rose Ann on 4:31 PM CDT said...

That is sooo cute, and I love your awesome piecing, Donna!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:06 PM CDT said...

THis is absolutely adorable, Donna. . .and can't believe it's coming to ME! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH. . .I LOVE it! :)

Melanie on 7:05 AM CDT said...

this is adorable!!!
(there is nothing wrong with y'all!! unless you're referring to just one person!! :)

Libby Hickson on 6:02 AM CDT said...

This is brilliant - I throw those away all the time, now I am feeling the need to repurpose some of them! :-) Super cute project!!

Post a Comment