Tuesday, July 8, 2008

SFYTT - Big Splash


I usually manage to miss out on Jen's Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT) revealed every Sat - but not this time, because my buddy and fellow Prettie girl Jessie -Can You Say???Addicted(to stamps)!!!! is her guest designer for her sketches this month!

So I had to play this weekend and was missing my Fishy Friends so I brought them out to play. My inspiration was the dp I chose & realized I didn't have any appropriate sayings until I thought about Melanie's Jumping for Joy set which says "hope you make a big splash" so I inked up just the portion I needed. I love the variety she has in her sets!

Stamps: Fishy Friends, Jumping for Joy (Gina K Designs)
Paper: Cutie pie dp, So Saffron, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Watercolor
Ink: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Rose Red
Accessories: faux dew drops, Sakura stardust pen
Pin It

24 comments on "SFYTT - Big Splash"

Barbara Schram on 12:17 AM CDT said...

LOVe, LOVe it Donna! Every element is perfect. The dew drops, the DP, your coloring is to die for! Great card. I always check out Jen's blog...but never have played along! I love her work! And Jessie's! You are such a good enabler!

Jana Weaver on 1:27 AM CDT said...

This is sooo cute! You did a fabulous job coloring in all the little sea creatures...WOW! It all just came together beautifully.

Rose Ann on 1:54 AM CDT said...

This is so cute, Donna!! I love the layout and your fabulous coloring!! Those sea creatures are adorable!!

Libby Hickson on 8:26 AM CDT said...

Super cute Donna! Great coloring!

Marilyn on 8:52 AM CDT said...

Wow - love how you put all these elements together too!! Your coloring is awesome!! You really rocked this sketch!!

Christi Flores on 10:25 AM CDT said...

I LOVE this card!! Everything about it is fantastic!!!

Tanya on 10:29 AM CDT said...

Very cute card! Love the little dew drop accent too!
I had to laugh tho, I just used that paper as a watery card too! Ignore the flowers, it's bubbles! LOL!

Alex on 11:50 AM CDT said...

This is totally adorable Donna, WOW!! I just love this! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lee on 12:40 PM CDT said...

And what a cute sketch that is!!! I just love those fishy friends!!!! And the blue baubles are so awesome!!

Deb Wood on 2:16 PM CDT said...

this is really cute, love your coloring!

Vanessa on 5:04 PM CDT said...

I REALLY like this card Donna. Did you watercolor these little sea creatures? I am inspired to pull out this old favorite of mine.

Pamela Smerker on 6:30 PM CDT said...

This is so sweet! I love the water coloring and gosh everything! Very professional looking!

Unknown on 7:12 PM CDT said...

So cute!!! I love it!

Hannah on 9:58 PM CDT said...

This is great, Donna! Such attention to detail -- the way you used those brads that look like water droplets!

Ila on 11:14 PM CDT said...

Wowzers!Donna this is Absolutley Fabulous!! I love the way you colored these fishies and the design of the card is Gorgeous!!

Linsey R on 12:01 AM CDT said...

Woah, your watercoloring looks fantabulous! I love these fun under-the-sea images and your dp is a perfect match! The dew drops finish is wonderfully! Just an awesome card--you rocked this!! tfs!

Angie Tieman on 12:39 AM CDT said...

Oooh, excellent job with the sketch! Your coloring is always so awesome, and I love the paper you picked for the background, so perfect!

Carolina on 2:02 PM CDT said...

Donna, love what you've done with the sketch! What fun stamps and love the dp you selected...it's just perfect!

Jessie/knightrone on 3:42 PM CDT said...

This is awesome Donna!!! I love it!!!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 9:55 PM CDT said...

Your gorgeous watercolouring & this great layout have breathed new life into this set. I can't get over how amazingly cute this is! LOVE it! :0)

Melanie on 10:05 AM CDT said...

great card, coloring, colors! I'll always love that set

Anonymous said...

ooooh!!! love this~jd

Monika/Buzsy on 3:53 PM CDT said...

Awesome card Donna! Love your coloring, the cute images... TFS!

Alyssa S on 3:41 PM CDT said...

This card is great! What a wonderful use of this set! I'm gonna have to case it... :o)

Post a Comment