Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Prettie Wednesday - Great Challenges!!


For Charlie's challenge issued last week to use one embellishment (yikes) I chose to use my Simply Special set, love this watering can! My inspiration was to use the DCWV Summer Glitter stack-I really liked the bright colors in it! I am going to send this card to Jessie - she is the RAK queen, which is one reason she got a part-time job at the post office in her little town...she was probably there daily & they knew her by name real soon! She's always sprinkling sunshine through comments on her blog, comments at SCS and in personal emails. She is so sweet! Next week's challenger is Jana and she issued an awesom sketch! Won't you play long??


Next card is from Danielle's Color Inspiration (PWC12) for Close to Cocoa, Sage Shadow, Brocade Blue & Very Vanilla. I chose to use my Papertrey Ink Faux Ribbon to recreate the quilt look in the picture. Don't these ladybugs look cute in green & blue? I thought so and the softness of the very vanilla makes it dreamy to me, like the nice big comfy bed in the picture, huh? If you haven't played along with these challenges yet and you have Paper Pretties stamps, what are you waiting for? You could win a prize!!!


Paper Pretties Newsflash!!


How would you like to be Paper Pretties Cutie Pie? All you have to do is make a card using your Paper Pretties stamps and send it to Christie christie@paperpretties.net, and she will choose a winner from the entries. Besides getting to call yourself a Cutie Pie, you will also get all the stamps from the August 1st release for free! You have until July 31st at 8pmCST to get your entries in! Pin It

14 comments on "Prettie Wednesday - Great Challenges!!"

Jana Weaver on 8:39 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards Donna! I love the watering can card with the bright polka dots...and the colors for your lovebug card are gorgeous! Great job on that inspiration challenge!!

Lee on 10:36 AM CDT said...

Oh just gorgeous!!!! I love that glitter stack too!! And the inspiration card with those delishhhhh colors is fabulous, of course!!!!!

Alex on 12:02 PM CDT said...

Ooooh, these cards are fabulous Donna!! You ROCKED that one embelly challenge, and those bugs are soooo adorable!! I would love to be a cutie pie, but don't have any of those stamps *sigh* *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Christi Flores on 12:35 PM CDT said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous!! You totally rocked those challenges!!

Rose Ann on 2:16 PM CDT said...

Your watering can card is so pretty!! I love the designer paper and your coloring!! Your little lovebugs are darling!!

Great cards, Donna!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, these cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love your interpretation of the PWC12 Challenge and the Simply Special card is indeed, SUPER-SIMPLY Special! Wowsers! Your talent is amazing and I'm glad you are willing to share with us.
Thanks, Barb g

jonisart on 4:03 PM CDT said...

These cards are beautiful! I really love the way you colored the watering can and the bright colors you used!

Carolina on 4:34 PM CDT said...

Okay, sorry not sure what happened but my comment is not showing up - sorry if this is a dup.

Love both your cards! The watering can one is adorable and colored to perfection! The bug one is so soft and sweet - love it!

Thanks for the reminder on the challenges - augh, I'm so behind!

Barbara Schram on 5:42 PM CDT said...

Love the watering can! And the paper you made for the bug card is awesome! Love that PTI set. Great cards, Donna!

Stephanie Hargis on 6:39 PM CDT said...

Both of these cards are fabulous Donna! I just love little Wade and his lady! :D

((hugs))

Jessie/knightrone on 7:28 PM CDT said...

OMGosh Donna, both of these are absolutely phenomenal!!! I love them!!

Unknown on 10:59 PM CDT said...

Donna your cards are so pretty!! I just love your inspiration challenge one- the colors are so nice! :)

Monika/Buzsy on 3:51 PM CDT said...

Great cards Donna! Love the pretty colors on the first one and the coloring! TFS!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 10:02 AM CDT said...

Love both of your cards, Donna! The one embellishment card is so fun and happy. . and that Wade E. Bug card is just (sigh) perfect! I LOVE the soft colors!

Post a Comment