Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sneak Peek - New SOTM with Paper Pretties


I am so excited to share a NEW stamp that will be available a month BEFORE release to the general public to all Stamp of the Month Subscribers with Paper Pretties - Howdy Girlfriend!! This is the stamp for August, so if you do not subscribe to the SOTM you will have to wait until Sept (boo hoo) to get her.

She is SO cute! I thought all day about how I would showcase this Cutie Cowgirl Sophia (my name for her) and it wasn't until I walked in the door after a LONG day at work that it hit me - I would make a shaped card! A boot! So I looked at images online and found a couple I liked & sketched a layout. Well, DH was impressed with the idea when he walked in the door but not really what I had sketched he said it didn't look real enough. He found a new image and there I was trying to perfect it. We both were happy with the result. I so appreciate him, he's so helpful, a great (male) cheerleader for me and such a support (helpful) as long as he is not playing Halo 3 and I'm trying to bug him for help!

Anyway - here she is! Not much explaining to do, it's pretty straighforward. I doodled the swirls by hand, outlined them with white gel pen & filled in with versamark for a deeper pink passion color. Cutie Cowgirl Sophia is colored with prismacolor & koh-i-noor pencils & baby oil. Her skin was colored with copics. I just used Howdy from Howdy Girlfriend for my tag.

P.S. if you want to get Howdy Girlfriend as soon as it is available August 1, you will need to subscribe by July 31st. If you decide to, be sure to say you heard about Paper Pretties from me *wink*
Pin It

15 comments on "Sneak Peek - New SOTM with Paper Pretties"

Jessie/knightrone on 10:47 PM CDT said...

OMGosh Donna, how awesome is that!!

Joy on 11:15 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna! This is soooooooooo cute! I love it!

Barbara Schram on 11:20 PM CDT said...

OMGoodness...you know how much I love template cards! This is the most spectacular card! I love it! Waaaay cute and wonderful!

Angie Tieman on 11:37 PM CDT said...

What a cowboy cutie! She's perfect for a Texas gal like you!

Jana Weaver on 2:17 AM CDT said...

Ok....this has TOTALLy knocked my socks off Girl!! WOW!!! She is just gorgeous in these colors, and on that incredibly adorable boot, and with the silver bangle at the top? I can't even begin to say how completely she's knocked my socks off. WOW!

Marilyn on 7:18 AM CDT said...

Wow Donna - you really outdid yourself this time!!! I LOVE this cowboy boot card - how ingenious is that - and the silver bangle at the top - you and your husband make a rockin team!!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 7:47 AM CDT said...

OH MY GOSH, Donna, this is just DARLING! So stinkin' ADORABLE! I LOVE it. . .you're SO creative!

Julie Koerber on 8:50 AM CDT said...

Wow Donna, this is the cutest card I have seen in a long while!!! Sooo creative! Love that you used pink! What gal doesn't need pink cowboy boots!! Hey, congrats on Page Plans and Paper Pretties! The gals over at Page Plans are fabulous - you'll LOVE working with them! (They both live in my home town and I've known one of them forever!)

Rose Ann on 9:21 AM CDT said...

Oh my gosh, Donna!! Your boot is PERFECT, and so creative!!! I LOVE it!!!

Deb Wood on 1:57 PM CDT said...

Congratulations on being a part of the design team. This is absolutely fabulous and too adorable for words. Is that an earring on top?

retiredheather on 4:05 PM CDT said...

Gotta love this cutie! I love the way the background so enhances the stamp. Wonderful.

Lee on 7:25 PM CDT said...

Oh cutenesssssssss!!! And I adore the Boot shape!!! Oh I'm sooooooooo happy I subscribed and can't wait to get this little cutie pie!!!!!

Carolina on 12:25 AM CDT said...

I swear I thought I commented on this amazing card, but I don't see my comments anywhere and so I will again.

Love the way you added all the details to the boot card - with the stitching and the suede pieces. Sophia is colored beautifully and love the charm - howdy is this darlin'!

Hope you have a wonderful and safe 4th!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! This is the cutest thing I've seen!!! What a wonderful job you've done with this stamp. I love it, love it, love it!!!! Thanks for sharing :-)
Kim

Terri on 12:11 PM CDT said...

You did a great job on this. Congratulations on your recent design team postions too.

Post a Comment