Friday, July 18, 2008

TECC25 Happy Cupcake Friday!!!



I'm sure I am not alone when I say that I LOVE Fridays (and have mentioned it lots of times before)!!! Well, this one is even MORE special to me!! I was thrilled to pieces to get a personal email from Taylor early Monday morning telling me she absolutely LOVED my card I submitted last weekend for her Cupcake Challenge 24 with the monkey chomping on cupcakes & asked me if I would like to be featured in this week's challenge on her blog!!

Umm...YESS of course I would! I was so excited because you should have seen/heard me as I was making that card (similar to this week's too) I was smiling & laughing at the creatures because I love to bring them to life on my cards!! I was hoping to myself that last week's card would be 'THE ONE' to really catch her eye & make me her Featured Sampler! Eureka! I loved this week's sketch just as much if not more than all the others she usually has because I LOVE circles! I knew the perfect color combination (thanks to Dawn Easton) to use for it too!! Then, I rifled through my stamps because I wanted to see if Yapples could pull the wagon from Favorite Teddy Bear full of cupcakes (PERFECT) and then the thought for them to be FREE came (have to thank my DH for this idea I was going to go with something else but I liked this better, thanks, Honey) I LOVE how this turned out!

Thanks for the cupcake honors Taylor!

Stamps: Doodlefactory Creatures-Starving Artistamps, SU! Favorite Teddy Bear & Cupcakes by Lockhart Stamps
Cardstock/Inks: Watercolor, Cameo Coral, Barely Banana, Cool Caribbean, Basic Black
Accessories: Spiral punch, circle punches, liquid pearls, sakura stardust pen, sprinkle brads
Pin It

23 comments on "TECC25 Happy Cupcake Friday!!!"

Monika/Buzsy on 10:11 AM CDT said...

Congratulations Featured Cupcake Girl! What a cute card! Love the scenes you come up with. :o) TFS!

Linsey R on 10:49 AM CDT said...

WoW, that is so awesome, Donna! Taylor is a smart cookie, picking your monkey chomping on cupcakes card--I LOVED it too! In fact, I'm getting ready to buy some of my first of these funny little guys because you keep making them so irresistable, hehe! I love what you made today too! It's so cute and fun--and I take a free cupcake any day of the week, but on Friday, I'll take 2, lol! HUGS and big CONGRATS! You SO derserve this, girlfriend!

Sherrie on 10:53 AM CDT said...

ROTFL!!!! Your card is a riot! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being this weeks featured cupcake sampler Donna. Your card last week, and this week, are amazing. Great job.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Mary Dawn on 10:59 AM CDT said...

again with the creatures! i'm lovin' those guys...and this card is better than last week, but only because his cupcakes are free! :) you're just awesome

Janine on 11:04 AM CDT said...

What a great face on that critter!! Its what I feel like today!! LOL
Have a good one!

Stephanie Hargis on 11:57 AM CDT said...

Hahaha! I love the sign! It is too funny! :D Your coloring on this card is amazing and I absolutely LOVE your color choices! You did such a fantastic job! I am so glad that Taylor picked you to be this week's featured stamper! You totally deserved it! :D

Jennifer Love on 12:03 PM CDT said...

Your card is so cute! Those crazy-eyed creatures on growing on me a bit. LOL

Lee on 12:13 PM CDT said...

OH I can absivtively posolutely see why you're her Featured Stamper........you knocked another one totally out of the park!!!!!!! OMGosh is this awesome!!!!! The little wagon......the FREE cupcakes!!! The wonderful critter!!! Way to go Donna and a HUGE congrats to someone who so totally deserves this!!!!!

Jessie/knightrone on 1:02 PM CDT said...

This is just completely adorable Donna!!!

Alex on 1:18 PM CDT said...

Okay, so I saw this over on Taylor's blog and knew I needed to come over and tell you that YOU ROCK!!!! I love your cute sketch card, you are so very talented - whoohoo for you, Donna! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Ana Wohlfahrt on 3:16 PM CDT said...

ADORABLE!! I love all the DF images!

Anonymous said...

Well, good for you. Well deserved, I might add! That card rocks!

Maureen on 8:57 PM CDT said...

SO cute! I really LOVE your Doodle creations!

Vina on 10:53 PM CDT said...

Your creature cards are so cute & funny!! You can't help but to smile & giggle when you look at it! I aspire to be as creative!!

Barbara Schram on 1:15 AM CDT said...

Congratulations Donna! I love your cupcake card! And this weeks card is a riot! FREE cupcakes...your hubby is on to something! Great work and such well deserved recognition.

Mada on 3:42 AM CDT said...

Absolutely AWESOME card!
Love the colors , the creature and of course, the free cupcakes. Thanks for putting a big smile on my face at the beginning of the weekend. :)
Congratulations for being chosen - it's a well deserved recognition of your talent and creativity.

Juliana on 8:18 AM CDT said...

Donna, I just love everything about this!!
I love the colors and the coloring!! The cupcakes in the wagon!! The notebook edge!!

It just ROCKS!!

(I sure hope you get your pkg today--a little snafu on my part in getting it out!)

Unknown on 3:29 PM CDT said...

Congrats, Donna! You are such a talented chick!

Ila on 12:53 AM CDT said...

Super Cute and Fabulous!! and Congratulations!!...your card Amazing!!

Carolina on 2:50 AM CDT said...

Congrats on you card being picked last weeka and how fun you get to be the featured sampler for this weekend's sketch!

I just knew you'd come up with something brilliant! Love the sign...you so clever.

Angie Tieman on 1:11 AM CDT said...

This card is WAY cute! Love the coloring of that cute little monster and all the colors of your circle dots behind are perfect! Awesome job!

Rose Ann on 2:11 AM CDT said...

Congratulations, Donna!! You deserve it!! Your card is too cute as well!! LOVE it!!

Post a Comment