Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Prettie Challenge & Sneak Peak


Jana issued a sketch 2 weeks ago for the Prettie girls and snuck in there she was going ot use a sneak peek set for it - well I did too! Sorry I stole your idea, Jana. This set uses Beach Bum, one of 4 sets that will debut at Paper Pretties on Friday!

Look how CUTE little Cooper is in his swimtrunks, innertube & flippers! I thought this was a great sketch to incorporate lots of images in the set! Also my DCWV summer glitter stack has the neatest 'sand' paper he's standing on. Then the 'water' paper is from a blog candy from Juliana {fellow Starving Artistamps Design team member}. I love the little sun charm I got in a bag of misc charms from a co-worker-it's perfect for this sentiment! I'm going to send this card to the Prettie Mama herself - Christie since she's got 4 cutie patootie boys, I'm sure she will appreciate this card!
Lots of Prettie News!!
1. Be sure to check out what the other Prettie Girls made with the sketch
2. You have until Thursday July 31st at 11:59pm to join the Stamp of the Month club and get Howdy Girlfriend Sophia before she is released to the public in September.
3. It's not too late to enter the Cutie Pie Contest - you have until 8:00 p.m. CST tomorrow - you could win all of August sets being released! Email your entry to christie@paperpretties.net
4. Join us Friday night (7:00 p.m. CST) for Stampin' In Your Jammies! Its going to be a lot of fun- relaxed atmosphere
Stamps: Paper Pretties Beach Bum
Cardstock: PTI white, Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, DCWV Summer Glitter pack, water by Flair Designs
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise, Palette Noir Black, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Hemp twine, sakura glitter pen
Pin It

25 comments on "Prettie Challenge & Sneak Peak"

Lee on 12:15 AM CDT said...

Donna!!!!!!! CUTENESS!!!! I love that little guy!!! And a definitely awesome sketch!!! You just make these lil kids look so realistic that it brings back memories of mine when they were little!!! Thanks for the sneak peek........can't wait for the PJ party!!!!

Jana Weaver on 1:04 AM CDT said...

OMG!!! I LOVE it!! I really love the sandy beach he's standing on...and you did an amazing job coloring him in. I'm so in love with his cute little tummy!!

Anonymous said...

What adorable images and such a sweet card. Donna your coloring is fabulous!

Unknown on 7:31 AM CDT said...

How adorable Donna!! I just LOVE your card - sooo great!! :)

Stephanie Hargis on 11:14 AM CDT said...

Oh Donna! This card is just too cute! I love the paper you used for the scenery! What a neat idea! Your coloring is wonderful too! I just love it! :D

((hugs))

Stephanie Hargis on 11:14 AM CDT said...

Oh Donna! This card is just too cute! I love the paper you used for the scenery! What a neat idea! Your coloring is wonderful too! I just love it! :D

((hugs))

Jackie Pedro on 11:50 AM CDT said...

Donna, this is ADORABLE! I love the beach scene you created with that awesome DP!! Love the sun charm, too!

Bee's Zen Garden on 12:17 PM CDT said...

Love that sand and waves effect! :-)

Jessie/knightrone on 12:45 PM CDT said...

OMGosh Donna, this is just awesome!!! I love it!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 12:57 PM CDT said...

Oh is this adorable, Donna! I just LOVE that paper for the water! How creative!

Monika/Buzsy on 1:16 PM CDT said...

Super cute card Donna! I love the cut out image, the tiny sun... the watery looking paper. TFS!

Christie Ortman on 3:01 PM CDT said...

Donna this is fantabulous!!! I love everything about it!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 5:40 PM CDT said...

WAAAAAAAaaaaay too sweet. I love your colouring and the 'sand' paper is hot! These stamps are sweetness! :0)

Rhonda Kelly on 6:01 PM CDT said...

What an adorable little card! Great job. TFS

Christi Flores on 6:44 PM CDT said...

I love this card!!! Adorable!!!

Theresa Momber on 8:47 PM CDT said...

Wow! What a fantastic card. I love everything about it, especially your coloring.

Hannah on 10:04 PM CDT said...

Too cute! Brings back some great memories of my own little guy on the beach!

Carolina on 12:17 AM CDT said...

Love how you used the dp and the sand paper to create this beautiful summer scene! Love the your coloring - simply adorable!

Anonymous said...

Adorable, so life like and fun!

expatmom (Colleen H.) on 7:44 AM CDT said...

Donna, I love this...every little thing about it! Great job!

Jodi Collins on 3:41 PM CDT said...

Ooooh! LOVE this Donna! Your coloring and layout are wonderful and I LOVE the sand!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute set!!! I love the circles down the side!!!

Melanie on 8:19 AM CDT said...

I saw this image on Julie's blog yesterday, you card is so cute, fun seeing the other images here!!

Rose Ann on 4:49 PM CDT said...

This is so cute, Donna!! Such perfect papers...and I agree that layout is great with all of those images!!

Deb Wood on 3:21 PM CDT said...

Oh my gosh, this is soooo cute. Love the card with the sand and the waves. The stamps are too cute!

Post a Comment