Thursday, July 24, 2008

Shout from the Rooftops!!


Y'all who read my blog on a regular basis must know by now how much I love the Doodlefactory Collection © Starving Artistamps, right? Well my announcement is that I am part of their Design Team!!

I was so excited to receive an email from Tracey {owner} who has seen my work since I've been posting to ask if I was interested in a guest designer spot or a steady one. Hello?!?! Is that a trick question? Of course I chose steady because I love the creatures that Irene draws - who happened to visit my blog the other day [name-drop] and there is such a great variety of stamps offered in her store.
So here is the card I had in my head ever since I accepted my position...just had to make the time to execute it. Wonder how I got Yapples the other way? I used a Mirror image stamp-stamped him on it & then stamped on my watercolor paper. But, it came out much lighter because of the texture on the paper so after I colored him, I outlined him in permanent black marker.
For you, my blog readers - check out the discount for any Starving Artistamps purchase you make - you can get 10% off using this code: dbakerdis
How cool is that?! There's free shipping on orders $65 or more and you can choose from mounted or unmounted, as well as purchase your cling mount from the store. There's a TON of images, something for everyone! All images are deeply-etched red rubber which can be used with acrylic blocks.
Pin It

35 comments on "Shout from the Rooftops!!"

Pamela Smerker on 10:22 PM CDT said...

Woohoo!! Major Toot for you!! You so deserve this, your cards are awesome and hello these stamps are so cool!
big hugs and congrats!!

Rose Ann on 10:30 PM CDT said...

Congratulations, Donna!! You totally deserve to be on the team!! Your card is adorable too!! Yahoooooo!!!

Carolina on 10:58 PM CDT said...

Not sure if you hear the shout out from Cali - but you know I was on my rooftop shouting out your great news!!! So excited for you sweetie, and this is the first step, next is a creature dedicated to you! HUGS!!!

Catherine on 11:10 PM CDT said...

I placed an order already and can't wait to get my stuff. I'm so happy for you and HELLO, you so deserve it!

Unknown on 11:16 PM CDT said...

YEAH Donna!! Congrats girl - yippy for you!!! :) Totally cute card!

Melanie on 12:12 AM CDT said...

congrats Donna! You realy do rock these stamps, way to go!!!
Thanks for coming by today! (I need to just go buy some shrink plastic now!!

blah on 12:15 AM CDT said...

Congrats!!!!! You do such a great job with these stamps and your love for them is apparent that you are going to be an awesome dt member!!!!!

Stephanie Hargis on 12:56 AM CDT said...

Oh wow! Congratulations Donna! You deserve it girl! You use these stamps so much that you HAVE to be a designer for them! Hehe! You do such a fantastic job too! I just love this card! It is hilarious!

Ila on 1:15 AM CDT said...

Congratulations Donna!! Wonderful news....your creations are Totally Gorgeous...so it is no wonder!!

Jana Weaver on 1:33 AM CDT said...

Donna, that is WONDERFUL news!! Congrats Girl!! You totally deserve it, your creations with these little creatures have all been amazing, just like ALL your creations! :-)

Many huggs!!

Keri Lee Sereika on 1:52 AM CDT said...

WOW CONGRATS DONNA!!!! LOL I loved the "announcement card"!! hahahah sooo funny!

Shannan Teubner on 2:30 AM CDT said...

WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Congrats, Donna!!

Lee on 2:37 AM CDT said...

HIP, HIP, HOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAY!!!! I'm celebrating YOU my friend!!!! Your incredible creative talent and amazing personality just shines at all times!!! I'll be ordering some of those cute, cute creatures soon!!!! MWAH!!!!!!!!!

Maureen on 2:41 AM CDT said...

Congratulations!! You totally deserve it as you ROCK the DoodleFactory stamps!!

Mada on 6:38 AM CDT said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Boy, that cute creature isn't shouting loud enough for such an extraordinary event :D

Well done, Donna! I am happy to see that your talent, creativity and playfulness are recognized and appreciated.

Stefanie on 7:42 AM CDT said...

Wow! Congratulations Donna!

Mada on 8:53 AM CDT said...

Me again :)

I know that this is nothing compared to the recent fabulous happening, but if you care to have a look, there's a "Visa Gold" ;) for you on my blog.

Christina Fischer on 9:26 AM CDT said...

WOOOHOOO -- congrats, Donna! You do such great things with those images -- it's no wonder she asked you to be on the DT!!!

Love this card -- it's just too cute! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 10:00 AM CDT said...

You GO GIRL! How exciting! LOVE this card and I love those creatures too! TOO CUTE!

Angie Tieman on 10:09 AM CDT said...

Congratulations, Donna! I'm so happy for you! I just hope you remember us little people someday! lol! By the way, your announcement card is the cutest, cleverest card ever!!

Cat Tidwell on 10:11 AM CDT said...

Woohooo! You go!! That is soo awesome, and so tickled for you! You do them creatures sooo cute! And you are sooo super dooper talented I'm surprised you arent on a gazillion design teams! Love seeing all of your creations Donna, you really inspire me! One of these days, I'll be on one...! LOL!

Christi Flores on 10:15 AM CDT said...

Congratulations Donna!! How exciting!!!

Marilyn on 11:10 AM CDT said...

WOOHOO for you Donna!! That is so exciting - and your card is awesome!! What a neat way to tell your exciting news!!

Monika/Buzsy on 11:33 AM CDT said...

Congratulations girl! Way to go! Love your cute cards!

Unknown on 11:59 AM CDT said...

Big congrats to you! Can't wait to drool over all your projects!!

Cedar Creek on 1:48 PM CDT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cedar Creek on 1:52 PM CDT said...

Congratulations. I know how much it means for you to be on a DT. Trust, me...I know. I'm glad that your DH can be such a supporter of your efforts and to encourage your creativity. Oh, I like how you color your stamps on your cards and I like Yapples. What about Moki? (sp?), Julius and the crazy cat?

Hannah on 3:01 PM CDT said...

YEA DONNA!!!! Remember our conversation a month ago? Sort of puts everything in perspective, huh? :-)

Jessie/knightrone on 9:14 PM CDT said...

Well, it is about time!!!! I have been wondering how long it would take for them to realize that they needed you!!! Awesome Donna, I love your card and I couldn't be happier for you!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Congratulations on your new exciting position!!!

I have been looking at these cut little guys but haven't ordered any yet, this may just be the push I need. LOL

Jodi Collins on 12:24 AM CDT said...

Congratulations Donna! You are so super sweet and so super talented! I am so happy for you! hugs!

Libby Hickson on 5:54 AM CDT said...

Hooray!! You have been making such adorable cards with these little guys, it makes perfect sense they invited you to join them! Congrats! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

DoodleFactory on 10:53 AM CDT said...

Congratulations! And yay for me - I look forward to seeing more of your awesome work.

Vanessa on 3:19 PM CDT said...

Go Donna, Go Donna, Go Donna! Congrats on the honor of being named a designer AGAIN! I finally uploaded my creatures. My cards don't even compare to your's but these little guys/girls are awesome!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 1:43 PM CDT said...

YaaaaaaaY! You rock. This is THE cutest card & set. Absolutely adorable. I'm sure you're going to have a blast on the design team (and we'll have a blast seeing your Fab work!) :0)

Post a Comment