Sunday, December 2, 2007

Hedgehogs Sledding


This card was so much fun to make!


It started out with knowing I HAD to use my Stampendous Clear Christmas Critters I got from Eclectic Paperie. Then I got my color inspiration of Kraft, Ruby Red, Buckaroo Blue, Garden Green. The paper is Basic Grey Fruitcake, which fit the bill for that combination - score!


I stamped the hedgehogs on watercolor paper because I wanted to color with my re-inkers. I also used my Cat's Pajamas Snowflakes for the cardbase and SU! Itty Bitty Background for the snow flurries (also used Iridescent Ice embossing powder on those) and Papertrey's Holiday Treats for the sentiment. Then to top it all off, I had to put white Liquid Applique on the santa hats & snow on the ground. Then, I realized I didn't have ribbon to match the colors I chose, never fear...the COPICS are here - the Moss color matches Garden Green perfectly so I colored white grosgrain ribbon.


I won't tell you how long this card took, it didn't matter once I'd finished it. Plus, I made 2 and added it to my Christmas card stash! Pin It

3 comments on "Hedgehogs Sledding"

Unknown on 7:41 PM CST said...

Donna - these little guys are so cute! Love the snowflakes in the background too! :)

blah on 9:09 PM CST said...

Cute little hedgehogs! I love kraft cards :-)

Rose Ann on 3:24 AM CST said...

This is so darling!! I love that cute image, and you've colored it so nicely! I love the sparkle and papers too! Awesome!

Post a Comment