Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dove Ornament Tutorial & winner of challenge announced!


Here is a tutorial for the challenge from Gina K's Land Cruise party on Thursday night - Erika challenged us to use chipboard on our cards. Well - I didn't make a card, I made an ornament but that's o.k. since my name wouldn't be put in the drawing. I had difficulty uploading the correct sized one in the forum so I promised to post on my blog. Since the holidays are upon us and we are on a limited budget with saving to build our house - I make it a point to make as many handmade gifts to give as possible. This is definitely one I want to make more of if I find the time because I love how it turned out.

I had a full sheet of chipboard that came with some cardstock so I cut down a square to use with my scallop oval nestability. I adhered my Basic Grey Fruitcake designer paper to it & ran it like 4 times through my cuttlebug.




After I cut out the main image, I colored it with Peerless Transparent Watercolors and used my Holiday metallic rub-on paste (silver) all over for texture and finished it off with the sheer white ribbon that comes in the Pure Luxury Ribbon-Holiday assortment. My DMIL fell in love with it so I gave it to her, it's about time she has new ornaments for the fake tree she puts up every year (as for me, I am fond of real ones so look forward to that once we build our house & I have things my way *wink*).
***The winner of my Easy as 1,2,3 challenge from the Land Cruise is Lingaling with her pretty card using Asela's Botanical Dreams set. Congratulations!!***
Pin It

9 comments on "Dove Ornament Tutorial & winner of challenge announced!"

Vanessa on 4:00 PM CDT said...

Great tutorial. . .it looks easy enough for me to do :)
Sorry I didn't participate in the challenge. . .I have been too tired to do anything :(

Theresa Momber on 5:58 PM CDT said...

OMGosh, I never thought of using chipboard with my nesties. I love this ornament. It's so beautiful and elegant.

Carolina on 2:27 AM CDT said...

Beautiful tag and such a great tutorial...thanks ever so much for the step by step. I'll have to give it a try.

Eek, are you getting so excited? You're almost here!!! I feel like that Mervyn's commercial - "open, open, open" LOL! Can't wait to hang out.

Monika/Buzsy on 5:00 PM CDT said...

Pretty ornament! Love the dove image. TFS!
I tagged you on my blog... hope you'll play along! :o)

Melanie on 10:05 PM CDT said...

congrats ot Lingaling and to YOU on your first "official" challenge! this is sooo purty!!

Lee on 11:53 PM CDT said...

Oh yeah....I truly loved this elegant little ornament!!!

Catherine on 12:16 AM CDT said...

this is very pretty, Donna.

Unknown on 6:38 AM CDT said...

Beautiful job and great idea with using this challenge for your ornament! Wouldn't it be so pretty having a tree filled with ornaments like these ones?

You've got my mind spinning now with decorating ideas...

Rose Ann on 2:41 PM CDT said...

Your ornament is so very beautiful, Donna!! I love it!! Thanks for all of the details too!!

Post a Comment