Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sweet Carolina - friendship's blessings


Here is the special RAK from my dear friend Carolina - that warranted a special post. Above she sent me a bunch of bloomin' boxes dies in all the In Colors since I have chosen not to invest in the big shot at this time (since I have a cuttlebug) - that was sweet! You should feel this card - on the bottom section, the swirls are black velvet! Love the kiwi, black & white combo!


Here is a CHEERFUL bouquet of flowers she sent me to brighten my day a few weeks ago. I have a personal issue right now that only my closest family & friends are privvy to and Carolina is one (if you are reading this and wonder hey, I thought I was a close friend and I don't know anything, please do not get your feelings hurt). I'm not quite ready to share in a public forum and not sure if I will. Just be assured I will be all right - I have a LOT of people praying for me and my faith in God is resolute to see me through.

When I came home to this bouquet I was moved to tears, not just filling my eyes but streaming down my face; the mere thoughtfulness of it moved me! John and DMIL nearly got tears in their eyes when they discovered it was from her too (DMIL was taken back by the fact we have never even met & she did something so sweet).

The thing is that Carolina and I have not met *yet* but have been getting close via emails, serving as guest prettie girls on Paper Pretties DT recently and it all started with winning one of her blog candies last year. I discovered she lives close to where I grew up! So naturally, we started to plan our meeting on my next trip back which is in 23 days!! I am so excited! Actually, her & her nephew Gaven are going to come for a play date with my niece Gabby (they are only about 4 months apart). Since chatting with her, we have discovered so many parallels in our lives that bonded us (we are just 2 months apart) and who knows if our paths ever crossed since we graduated the same year, perhaps we were at our high school's football games!! The night I got the bouquet is the first time we chatted on the phone, I called when she was gone but her husband Andy knew who I was (so cute he said, 'oh I've heard SO much about you!') and when I called back we talked for several hours - John as well since she was on speakerphone!

Anyway - I can hardly hold my excitement over getting a real hug from this sweet cupcake of a girl & hope I get one from Gaven too!

P.S. You may or may not have wondered why posts have been a little sporadic lately when they were so timely & daily before. I just need to slow down a little but I am still here! Oh, I am also behind on my commenting but I'll catch up there too!

Pin It

13 comments on "Sweet Carolina - friendship's blessings"

Deb Wood on 6:41 PM CDT said...

Donna this card is soooo beautiful! I love the colors and ribbon!! The flowers are beuatiful too, what a thoughtful thing to do!! My prayers are with you and I hope you are feeling better soon!! Hugs, Deb

Catherine on 7:39 PM CDT said...

Donna, the card and flowers are adorable. And whatever your going through I hope things will be better. I'll be praying you. Take care as always :)

Marilyn on 7:46 PM CDT said...

Donna - how wonderful to have found a true friend in the blogging world - I've found it to be the one of the most wonderful things. God knows your need, and I will add it to my prayer list that God supplies this need in your life.

Jessie/knightrone on 8:01 PM CDT said...

Donna, I am sitting here crying...what a wonderful thing for her to do! She really is a special person isn't she. I hope whatever it is works out and you come out of it fine. Big Hugs girl!!

Christi Flores on 8:27 PM CDT said...

Oh how sweet! That is a true friend. I hope you're doing ok. :)

Carolina on 9:59 PM CDT said...

Okay, I'm in tears now. Your friendship has been a gift I wasn't expecting to be blessed with this year and I'm counting down the days until we can finally meet in person! I'll put myself together and shoot you an email. Hugs & love...

Rose Ann on 11:45 PM CDT said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful card and bouquet from your dear Carolina!! Thinking and praying for whatever it is you're dealing with, Donna! Hugs!!

Melissa Sauls on 2:28 AM CDT said...

Hi Donna. I've been a long time lurker, but your latest entry has drawn me to say...I am thinking about you and praying that things are well with you soon. What a treasure you have in Carolina.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 1:36 PM CDT said...

Donna~ I have been an avid reader and admirer of your work for awhile. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, chris

PS Gorgeous Daisys!

Lee on 2:07 PM CDT said...

Ohhh Carolina is indeed a most amazing and sweet friend!!!! And what a wonderfully uplifting visit you'll have!!! Lots of hugs and prayers for you to help even a tiny bit in carrying some of that load!! You also have blessed many of us with your amazing friendship and your heart!!!

Melanie on 3:45 PM CDT said...

SO sweet of Carolina!!!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 3:59 AM CDT said...

Lovely RAK. I hope everything is okay with you. Sending you hugs. I hear you on the Big Shot. I'm Cuttlebugged up and not getting it, but did you know that you can use the Big Shot dies in your Cuttlebug? I haven't tried it yet, but have heard that it works just fine. The bed on the bug is smaller than the Big Shot though, so you have to watch size. I have read that Cuttlebugs will accept the top note die (5 1/2 x 6 inch) apparently you just need to add a little cardstock to the sandwich to get it how you like it.) Anywho, sorry for the LONG post. Thought you might like to know (cause you could always borrow a die cutter) :O) Be well, hugs, Mel

Libby Hickson on 1:49 AM CDT said...

What a sweet friend! And Donna whatever it is that's going on with you, you are in my thoughts and I hope you get through ok!

Post a Comment