Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A few Christmas cards, a RAK & a reminder


Here is a simple yet nice Christmas card I made using leftovers from my World Card-making event earlier this month {just realizing I never shared the cards yet-oops} since I over-cut supplies & had a few cancellations, I can now make more cards for my stash-all was not lost. I used Asela's Christmas Blessings set by Gina K Designs which has this precious little church in the country complete with Christmas tree & snowman in the yard. I chose to keep the design real simple and color very little for a big impact on the card. The church, trees & snow are outlined in stardust stickles (hard to capture in the photo). I used the mega rhinestones from Gina's store for the ribbon on the bottom of the top note die (hole punch) and dp is Ski Slope by SU! (available in the holiday mini catalog).

This next card uses the cute wooden deer in her set (but just his face, how cute) I watercolored with the Peerless Transparent Watercolors which are totally portable & easy to use! I love to stamp images & take them to the bedroom & watercolor while watching t.v. can you tell I like to multi-task? They really are awesome & have a great selection of colors. The ribbon is Alpine ribbon originals by SU! also in the mini catalog (love the colors & texture of it).

this sweet RAK is from Dawn Easton (sorry I'm so late to post it-ugh) - isn't it pretty? I just love her clean, crisp style of cards with just the right amount of layering. She's a sweetheart - Thanks again, Dawn!!

Lastly a reminder:
Tonight at 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. CST there is a Land Cruise happening in the Gina K forum on SCS! Don't miss out on the contests, challenges, prizes, and land-cruise special announcement! All the details are on this thread. See ya there!! Pin It

16 comments on "A few Christmas cards, a RAK & a reminder"

Rose Ann on 8:18 AM CDT said...

Your church card is so beautiful with the touches of color, die cut, and ribbon/bling!! I love your sweet little deer as well! Beautiful card from Dawn!!

sideshow stamps on 10:38 AM CDT said...

All these cards are really cool...great work everyone. The Church card is particularly cool, really brings out the true meaning of Christmas and the down-home, old fashioned feel of the Holiday!

Monika/Buzsy on 10:47 AM CDT said...

LOVE, love, love the first card Donna! So elegant! That image is beautiful and goes great with the die cut BG. TFS!

Cat Tidwell on 10:56 AM CDT said...

Oh that church is beautiful! I love it with just the hints of colors in it! And the reindeer like hes peeping, too cute! Love that ribbon on it too! What a beautiful RAK to receive too!

Linsey R on 11:35 AM CDT said...

Omgosh, I LOVE Asela's Christmas church and you've colored it SO beautifully! I also adore these little primative looking reindeer and your RAK from Dawn is lovely in lavendar! Wonderful shares today, Donna, Thanks! I certainly have the Land Cruise noted and will hopefully get to hop on board tonight! :) hugs!

Melissa on 11:48 AM CDT said...

All so lovely!

Many Blessings,
M.

Deb Wood on 12:25 PM CDT said...

These are all fabulous Donna, hope I can make it to the party tonight!

Christi Flores on 12:54 PM CDT said...

Everything is awesome Donna!!

Catherine on 3:09 PM CDT said...

both of your christmas cards is adorable. love that die cut :)
and your RAK...gorgeous! see if i can play tonight :)

Lee on 5:48 PM CDT said...

Sooo sweet!! I totally LOVE that top card with the die cut......another thing on my next SU shopping list!!! LOL See ya at the Cruise!!!

Kristine on 10:20 PM CDT said...

LOVE that church card. Your big label (?) layer is fabulous on there. Very pretty--not overdone, and so elegant. :)

Theresa Momber on 10:37 AM CDT said...

Both cards are gorgeous! and what a lovely RAK.

Angie Tieman on 9:03 PM CDT said...

Great cards, Donna! Love how you did the ribbon on both of them, very unique!

Carolina on 10:55 AM CDT said...

Adorable cards Donna! Love the elegance of the first card and the warm - home feeling of the second!

Beautiful card from Dawn - the purples really make this card so sweet and soft.

Melanie on 10:07 PM CDT said...

love the little port hole reindeer , hee hee!

I don't know you had that big ol' die!!

Shirley on 8:19 PM CST said...

What a lovely lovely set of cards. The first one is just perfectly beautiful for Christmas. The second one is adorable for the season and the third one is just plain gorgeous! Loev that flower!

Post a Comment