Sunday, October 5, 2008

Yesterday & Today


busy (and tired) that's me...had World-Card making event for customers yesterday, it was fun but forgot to take any pics to share. Although I plan to share the cards they made soon.

Then after that was over, we went on the American Institute of Architects Home Tour (saw 4 houses) to get more ideas for the house we want to build. It was exhausting, lots of walking and my body aches all over, I am so out of shape. Now we're heading out to see the other 8 today. Here is a pic of the house we both really liked! Unfortunately since these are people's homes we are not allowed to take photographs. We go back & forth about building a two-story, it's cheaper to build up rather than out and it makes sense since we have a set amount of buildable space on our property because we wanted to preserve a lot of the trees on it. Our solution is the staircase! The first thing I noticed is that the steps are shallow, about 4 inches in between them so by the time you went up, it didn't feel like you went up all those stairs. One nugget from the day there!

So my marathon of stamping weekend did not happen again, I miss it but this is something we had to do and it is neat! I'm really looking forward to today; but now I'm dressed more comfortably and I think I will not lug my purse around this time! Pin It

9 comments on "Yesterday & Today"

Lee on 1:22 PM CDT said...

Sounds like a major success when you can get a practical idea before you actually build!!! LOL Take it easier and don't overdo!!! Hope you get some stampin' time in too!! ;)

Alex on 2:22 PM CDT said...

Sounds like a lot of fun - can't wait to hear what you see today! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann on 6:19 PM CDT said...

Sounds like a fun time, even though it's tiring! Love that view of the house you like! Thanks for sharing!!

Catherine on 6:34 PM CDT said...

How fun! ... you still have time to do alot of cards today...LOL!

maddy hill on 6:50 PM CDT said...

sounds like you have been busy !

ive been blog nosying lol i just adore those halloween cards hehee they are fab !

Carolina on 11:12 PM CDT said...

Oh how fun - I'm sure today was a blast as well. Love the modern look to the one you both liked. Can't wait to see the projects you made for your group, I'm sure they're adorable!

Linsey R on 12:18 AM CDT said...

that's ok if you didn't get much stamping done--you did lots of equally wonderful (and exhausting) things! That house looks stunning--just look at all that natural light, oh my! TFS your weekend business :)

Melanie on 7:24 AM CDT said...

oh, my I didn't know you were doing somethign so modern, cool! you should talk to Paul sometime about your ideas and pick his brain, he is an architect after all!

Kristine on 12:19 PM CDT said...

Looks so open and sleek and modern! =) May the Lord open the doors to the house that will be best suited for your family now and in the future. HUGS!

Post a Comment