Saturday, October 11, 2008

Miss You Giants Lover



My Godson, Avery (and his dad) are avid San Francisco Giants fans so I thought of making him a personalized jersey using Melanie's Just So Sporty set by Gina K Designs. Combined with JustRite stampers 2xstampers - this card is sure to let him know I am thinking of him & miss him.

Here is a picture of us taken on our trip to CA in May - we celebrated his 13th birthday a week later since we were going to be in town. It seems like yesterday his mom & dad asked me to be his Godmother and now he's a teenager - wow! I found myself way too busy this summer and didn't take the time to call him & now I find myself unable to get in touch with him - I am regretful. I sent this card earlier in the week and look forward to hearing from him - I wait with bated breath for his phone call and pray that they did not move.

Pin It

11 comments on "Miss You Giants Lover"

Lee on 8:26 PM CDT said...

Oh that is sooooo cool!!! Perfect for a teenager into sports!!! Love that dp!! I sure hope he calls you!!

Kristine on 10:24 PM CDT said...

OH my gawsh--Lee and I totally think alike. I was *just* thinking of typing "OH, that is soo cool!" and I saw she just said that! LOL. But anyway, that IS so neat that you make cards like this for your godchildren. You are just an amazing woman--full of life with a big heart!! =) TFS

Cat Tidwell on 11:10 PM CDT said...

What an awesome card for a teen Donna! You are such a loving and caring person, it always comes out in your cards too..you think of the person on each one and put so much of yourself into it...LOVE that! I'm hoping it calls you too...I know what you mean about getting out of touch..and then regretting it....hugss

Mada on 9:52 AM CDT said...

I've never seen more personalized cards as yours, Donna. Your warm heart must be the size of a planet. :)

I am sure your Godson will be thrilled when he gets your card. He will get it because it's so "him" that God will not allow him to miss it.

I know how it is to feel regretful for not keeping in close touch with dear ones. Sometimes life's demands and *surprises* interfere with our hearts and minds and we just have to "cut down" on something we wouldn't wish to.
I think our dear ones understand it and forgive us, like we sometimes have to forgive them. Everything is in balance in this world. I think...

Jessie/knightrone on 10:01 AM CDT said...

This is awesome, I love it!

Deb Wood on 10:18 AM CDT said...

What a fabulous creation, love that you put his name on the Jersey and it's just too cool!! What a cute pic of the two of you!! I hope they get in touch!

Rose Ann on 2:15 PM CDT said...

This is so special, Donna!! I love the personalization you've done!! I hope you hear from Avery soon!! Hugs!!

Melanie on 3:16 PM CDT said...

this is such a great card/idea, Donna, I'm SURE you will reconnect(hey maybe someoenday reading the blog will tell their friend, who'll tell their friend who'll ... tell AVERY that you're looking!!!

Carolina on 1:05 AM CDT said...

Adorable card and great jersey - you managed to capture the Giants perfectly!!!

I hope you hear from Avery soon...you just have to. Godparents and godchildren have a lifetime connection and you'll eventually find your way to one another...I just know it!

Catherine on 10:07 PM CDT said...

I'm such SF Giants fan also and love, love this card and i know for sure he'll love this one :)

Linsey R on 12:34 PM CDT said...

Oh gosh, how very adorable!! My Daddy and brothers are HUGE Giants fans, as well! I might just have to snatch this idea from you and CASE your work! :) I love the Giants still, too, even though I live in Seattle now. A guy named Matt Williams played on the Giants for years and he lived on my street growing up. He was super cool and nice and always played with us kids when he came home to visit. So the Giants will always hold a special place in my heart :) tfs!

Post a Comment