Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We're in this together-Pink Week


Since the 20th is Celebrate MFT day on SCS, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month (it's Pink Week on SCS too) and Monday's challenge Try a New Technique (TLC191) encouraged me to break out my neglected twinkling h20's - I incorporated all 3 elements in my card to share today! I used my Think Pink set, which I hadn't used in a long while.

Here is a close-up shot of the h2o's {hard to capture in the photo of the full card}.  I made pearl necklaces for the trio of ladies with liquid pearls.  All the paper (except pink pirouette card base) & embellishments are a few of the awesome goodies I got in a RAK from Lee Murphy.

Everything I got is included in this photo - isn't she the most thoughtful, sweet friend?  She sent this to me to encourage me with my health scare recently and I know she chose pink & brown for it all because just like her, I am crazy about the 2 colors together!  What was most special with this package was the pretty card she made me - she said she thought of me when she got this stamp because it reminded her of me.  That touched my heart, Lee!  I love you & appreciate your friendship too!! Pin It

13 comments on "We're in this together-Pink Week"

Theresa Momber on 9:45 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous card, Donna!I love the pearl necklaces! What a sweet RAK from Lee. Isn't she awesome?

Vanessa on 10:34 AM CDT said...

Awesome card. I like the thee images and the sentiment--perfect! Pearl necklaces. . .what a great idea. I have liquid pearls. . .need to use that stuff.

Ila on 1:22 PM CDT said...

I love this card Donna!! it is So Gorgeous!!...and the goodies are Fabulous!!...Hugs, Ila

Catherine on 1:49 PM CDT said...

what a fabulous RAK. and your card..just gorgeous. love that you added pearls on your image, that ribbon...love it!

Jessie/knightrone on 8:23 PM CDT said...

How awesome!! Love it and I love your goodies!

Unknown on 8:59 PM CDT said...

Very pretty and a good message ..I feel for your health scare. I hope a can say in many more years to come "That I'm a survivor"
lablady2007@juno.com

Angie Tieman on 10:20 PM CDT said...

Beautiful card! That's a great stamp image to work with!

Maureen on 5:18 AM CDT said...

Really pretty card and what a sweet RAK!

Melanie on 6:49 AM CDT said...

I got a "Lee prezzie" this week, too! :D Beautiful card and stuff!

Rose Ann on 8:19 AM CDT said...

I love your pretty Breast Cancer Awareness card, and what a fabulous RAK you have!! Awesome!

Linsey R on 11:33 AM CDT said...

wowzy WOW!! You are lovin life right about now, lol! Lee is a super awesome fried, and so talented and thoughtful! You deserve all you wonderful goodies and all the good fortune that is coming to fruition for you! TFS!

Lee on 5:51 PM CDT said...

Oh wow Donna!! I love that shimmery card and the pearl necklaces are FANtastic!!!!! Glad you got everything all safe and sound.......HUGZZZZ!!! You certainly are an inspiration!!!!

Kristine on 10:19 PM CDT said...

FANTASTIC cards, Donna! So pretty, especially with those necklaces, the pretty pink shirts, and all your embellishments!! =)
What a fabulous RAK from Lee too. She's such a sweetheart. Hugs!
Kristinexx

Post a Comment