Friday, October 17, 2008

An even BIGGER SECRET revealed


My final day as guest designer with Gina K has come to an end not all good things come to an end - sometimes they get BETTER! Check out my Day 3 project for Gina K Designs but wait, not quite yet...I have another secret to reveal. Then - you can go check out my stuff!














I'm so proud to announce that I am the newest Sr. Design Team Member for Gina K Designs!!! Woohoo!!

My dream/goal of serving on a stamping design team came true since the beginning of July with my guest spot at Paper Pretties, then at the end of July with Starving Artistamps then again in August with Taylored Expressions - all the while I knew my Guest Designer spot was secured with Gina K for October (still a long way off). I have had so much fun during this time working with all the ladies on the teams and really felt I grew as a stamper over the months.

I will never forget a sweet email I got from Gina before I sent my guest spot projects where she said, "I'm so proud of all you've accomplished over the last year." I realize Gina may not even be old enough to be my mom, but as a mom she knew exactly the right words to speak to my heart.
Some of you know my mom Fina died before I got involved with stamping so she is not around to appreciate what I do or even benefit from it with my homemade gifts. But my sisters are and they are proud, in fact my oldest sister Val commented on my post from Wednesday that I must share: 'Donna, If you could see me now, tears of joy and pride are streaming down my cheeks and I say with a mother's heart that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Mama is so proud of her baby girl, as she smiles down from heaven. Your creativity is truly a gift from the Lord and I am so thankful that you share it with us, especially my children, Gabriella and Joseph. Your projects continue to amaze me and I look forward to each one. Your family in CA looks forward to seeing you soon! Love, Hugs & Kisses - Your sister, Val'.

In addition to my sisters being proud of me so are my DMIL and other dear friends who are like mother figures to me with their support, caring and sharing of my craft. Just like Gina, they tug at my heartstrings with comments of being proud of me because I believe all of us, whether we admit or not, long for approval from our mothers/mother figures. In fact, the realm of validation comes from everyone who shares our love for the craft (whatever it may be) through our encouraging comments, no matter how many words they are...they impact us in a big way & inspire us to go above & beyond in what we do.

I know without a doubt my mom Fina would be so proud of me and how much I make it a goal to make a difference in other's lives; whether it be with a homecooked meal, a kind word, a hug when it's needed, a thoughtful gift or a handmade card in the mail or just time spent with someone I care for. She was the same way and left a lasting impression on everyone she met because she was so loved & cared for...just like me!

note: I wrote this blog post before my sister commented - I just edited to add it to share it with y'all.
Pin It

17 comments on "An even BIGGER SECRET revealed"

Dawn Easton on 7:51 AM CDT said...

Congratulations Donna!!! I'm so happy for you and it's wonderful to see so many dreams come true and such wonderful accomplishments!!!
Wonderful post from your sister Val...brings tears to my eyes.

Melanie on 8:28 AM CDT said...

you know how proud I am of you! YOU DID IT, all on your own!
I love you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new position! I'm very excited for you, and look forward to seeing the many new opportunities you will have to share your stamping!

Jami on 10:59 AM CDT said...

Oh Donna - Congratulations Girl! You derserve it! I love serving on the BD with you. You will be a gret asset to Ginak!

Jackie Pedro on 11:27 AM CDT said...

This post literally brought tears to my eyes!! Congratulations on the Gina K DT! And you are so right about about wanting your Mom to be proud of you!! My Mom and Dad love my homemade stuff, so much so, that my Dad asked if he could start selling my cards at his office!! Sounds like you have a wonderful family!! Congratulations to you, Donna!!

Anonymous said...

Donna! OMG!!! You are so deserving of this recognition. I too am proud of you and can't wait to follow you into your new level of creativity.

Take care!

Theresa Momber on 1:25 PM CDT said...

This is such a well deserved recognition. I am so happy for you and I KNOW you will be a fabulous addition to the GinaK DT. Now I can't wait til the next release. I will be so excited for you. {{{hugs}}}

Angie on 1:51 PM CDT said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I love your work, and you totally deserve this!

Lee on 4:25 PM CDT said...

And you DO make a huge difference and a lasting impact on this world!!! Some of us are particularly touched and very blessed to call you friend!! I'm just on Cloud 9 with you celebrating these joyous times!!! Big Hugs!!!

Unknown on 5:07 PM CDT said...

Congrats Donna. You have a lot going on and you deserve all of it! You're work has just been so awesome!!

Deb Wood on 7:28 PM CDT said...

Congratulations Donna!! This post is so touching and heartfelt. I am sorry for the loss of your Mom, but I am sure she is proud of you too! Who wouldn't be, you're amazing!!

Unknown on 9:11 PM CDT said...

I'm so happy for you Donna!! I know you are perfect for this DT - you do such a beautiful job with their stamps and they are lucky to have you!! Congrats! !:)

blah on 11:02 PM CDT said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Wow, this is exciting news and I'm so very, very, very happy for you!!!!!

Angie Tieman on 12:27 AM CDT said...

Congratulations, Donna! I'm soooo happy for you! It couldn't happen to a nicer, more talented, deserving person! Sending you big happy hugs from Dallas!!!!

Bee's Zen Garden on 10:23 AM CDT said...

Congratulations on joining the team Donna, you sure deserve it, your projects are gorgeous!♥

Rose Ann on 5:44 PM CDT said...

A HUGE congratulations to you, Donna!! I am more than thrilled to hear you are a Sr. Member of the Gina K.team!! Woo hoo!! She is lucky to have you!!

What a special comment from your sister!! Hugs!!

Carolina on 3:16 AM CDT said...

Woo hoo! Well you know I'm just beyond excited for you and after reading what your sister wrote...well I think she put it best.

Post a Comment