Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New Stamp Club - Part 1


My recent stamp club just started a few weeks ago.  I have 6 members and we meet once a month.  For their gift, I made personalized mini canvas tote bags (found the idea in the demo only forum on SCS) that they can bring their own adhesive, atc swap & scissors with them each month & take their projects home in.  I made them a personalized scissor charm from polyshrink that they loved (it is what is on the right side of the bag handle).  I stamped the bags with craft ink using Eastern Blooms and glued on rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon with Aleene's tacky glue, finishing it off with a felt fusion too flower & rhinestone brad. 

The ATC I made matched the tote, since I had all the supplies out.  Everyone makes a set of them to swap each month. I'll share what everyone made in a future post, as I have not taken the pics yet.  Also in their bags was a set of retired 6 x6 sheets (but all current colors) of designer paper, punched out flowers & square scallop punches to match, as well as assorted ribbon, brads & other stuff so they can make some cards. 

Here is a picture of me & Vanessa {One Day At a Time} our first hostess.  I am holding up Charlotte's bag since she was not able to join us (due to a family commitment although she really wanted to be!) but she was there with us in spirit.  

We had a lot of fun; the ladies enjoy one another's company, Vanessa brought some yummy food to share and is so sweet, spending a little time talking with DMIL which was a blessing to me.  It reminded me once again how fortunate I am to have her.  Stay tuned for Part 2...
Pin It

14 comments on "New Stamp Club - Part 1"

Cat Tidwell on 11:28 AM CDT said...

Darn I wished I lived in Austin! LOL! That bag is just too cute!! LOVE all of these creations and what lucky ladies!

Catherine on 11:49 AM CDT said...

Donna, how sweet of you to make these for your girls. You know i'm moving close to you right? Can I be on your stamp club :)

Lee on 2:03 PM CDT said...

OH man!!!! I wanna join!!!!!!! What an amazing gift and sounds like a super fun time!!!

Rose Ann on 2:59 PM CDT said...

Those little bags are darling, and I love the pretty images and ATC card!! What a great idea!!

Vanessa on 3:32 PM CDT said...

I am so glad I am in your stamp club :)

Christi Flores on 3:55 PM CDT said...

What a sweet idea!! How fun!!

Deb Wood on 6:31 PM CDT said...

Ohhhhhh too cute and fun!! Wish I could be there!!

Heather "Hev" on 7:32 PM CDT said...

Looks like lots of fun and what a sweet and adorable liitle bag - Id be scared of getting it dirty ;)

Have fun with your club!!

Kristine on 8:00 PM CDT said...

What a sweet gift--you are so thoughtful Donna! Love how you made those little scissor charms :) Sounds like you have such a blast and really enjoy the company.

Marilyn on 10:39 PM CDT said...

You are making the rest of us demos look really bad Donna!! Well - at least me!! LOL!! Wow - what an amazing gift to give all your ladies!! You have been an inspiration for me, now I need to get myself off to MIchael's to find some of these little totes to decorate!!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 4:01 AM CDT said...

What a great gift! I wanna be in your club! :O)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:19 PM CDT said...

OH how cute, Donna! I bet they loved them!

Carolina on 1:13 AM CDT said...

I wanna join!!! Bwhaa - this are just darlin'!!! I'm sure they will treasure them for years to come. Adorable pic of you both!

LeAnne on 4:33 PM CDT said...

What a nice gift and very practical too! TFS!
LeAnne

Post a Comment