Monday, October 20, 2008

Hook 'em Horns!!


I realize I am a week late posting this card (or rather SEVERAL weeks) since this card was made for a sketch challenge by Carolyn at the release in August but also because I should have posted it last week in celebration of the Longhorns whipping the pants off the Boomer Sooners! HA~actually I am not really that much of a college football fan - but John is and he usually watches all the games but since I do live in the area I can pretend that I care.  It was real fun making this card, though!  I love the spellbinders die that Ellen Hutson sent me with an order last year, it was perfect for this sketch!  The reason I never uploaded it was because I missed the deadline to be entered in the contest and then forgot about posting it altogether!  Since UT won again yesterday and remain undefeated - here you go!!!

I made my own patterned paper by stamping Big Fan from the Just so Sporty set by Gina K Designs and looked on-line for UT jerseys & paper-pieced it to look like a real one (tried to find it, but can't).  I used my small alpha set by JustRite Stampers for the 'TEXAS' stamped in craft white on the really rust shirt.   

Don't forget the Land-Cruise Party in the Gina K Forum on Weds Oct 22 7:00-10:00 p.m. CST!! It will be loads of fun with a land-cruise specials, challenges & contests!
Pin It

11 comments on "Hook 'em Horns!!"

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 9:06 AM CDT said...

OOh Ooh Donna!! Gig'em Aggies!! LOL
Like your Longhorn card...Even if I am an Aggie! Great job with melanies t's!! Love the layout!

Theresa Momber on 9:19 AM CDT said...

Can't say I am a football can, but I love the card. I love the twine and embossed background on this card. Great touches.

Christi Flores on 4:25 PM CDT said...

I am more of an NFL gal but I do love hearin' that the Longhorns beat Oklahoma though! LOL LOVE this card!!!

Lee on 4:27 PM CDT said...

What a fun "guy" card!!! I know........I shouldn't just say that...LOL!!! But it really is so perfect for the sports nuts!! I love the custom dp!!

Catherine on 5:13 PM CDT said...

not a football fan either but i do love this card...love tecture :)

Angie Tieman on 5:31 PM CDT said...

Great sports card! Love the jersey and how you used the punch up in the corner!

Jessie/knightrone on 9:15 PM CDT said...

This is awesome Donna!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto on 2:57 AM CDT said...

Cool jersey! Love the texture in the background too!

Melanie on 6:50 AM CDT said...

well how perfect since they won! I love the two tone jersey you created with tha Cs at the tbottom! :D

Kristine on 10:22 PM CDT said...

Now THAT is the coolest!! Any TX longhorns fan would SOOO APpreciate this card! LOVE that bg too--everything is so perfect together. GREAT CARD Donna!!

Nancy on 12:41 PM CDT said...

This is a great card, my son would love it! He's a UT fan; me...I'm an Aggie fan. We heckle each other during football season.

Post a Comment