Thursday, October 23, 2008

With Love from my Kitchen


I'd like to inroduce you to a sneak peek of 'Tag Treats' by Taylored Expressions which will be available for purchase NOW along with Season's Sweetings & Home Sweet Home. I chose to make a Jen del Muro mini pizza box - I thought it would be the perfect size to present some homemade toffee bars I made. I used the Christmas Key Ingredients, which includes 5 sweet designs of designer paper 'Be Merry Collection' by My Mind's Eye, Fire Engine Red glitter, 5 yards of yummy ribbon, Kaiser Craft adhesive pearls (red) and Kaiser Craft adhesive rhinestones (light pink & light blue).

Recipe reads:

Easy Toffee Bars
1 C. Butter
1 C. Packed Brown Sugar
1 (12 oz) Pkg. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
12 Graham Crackers
Chopped Pecans

Pre-Heat oven to 400°. Melt butter & brown sugar until it boils then remove from heat. Lay graham crackers on shallow 13” bar pan. Pour mixture on top & spread. Bake for 5 mins. Sprinkle chocolate chips over & heat for additional 5 mins. Then spread chocolate. Sprinkle pecans evenly and refrigerate to harden.

A link to the original recipe Easy Toffee Bars - mine was adapted to suit my tastes (graham crackers instead of saltine crackers - makes them more solid to me).

Happy Shopping & Creating!

Edited to Add:
On the Stamp A Sweet Impression Blog: "We’re introducing our Campaign to Spread the Sweetness! If you’d like to help spread the word about Stamp a Sweet Impression and our newest Holiday release, please post a link on your own blog to Taylored Expressions (the Blog) where your readers can get all the deets (here’s the link you need to post: http://www.tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/) and say something sweet about TE or SASI. And for helping us Spread the Sweetness we’ll hold another drawing on Sunday October 26. Simply leave a comment before 8am PST Sunday on this post to let us know you Spread the Sweetness and you’ll be entered into the drawing! And what sweet prize do we have for you this time? How about the brand new Christmas Key Ingredients Kit? Yep! One lucky Sweetness Spreader will win this luscious kit!"


Pin It

26 comments on "With Love from my Kitchen"

Ana Wohlfahrt on 11:11 PM CDT said...

Yummy and super ADORABLE!!

Jami on 11:15 PM CDT said...

I love what you did with that tag! I always having trouble coming up with cute tags! And I've made that toffee before - so yummy - what a perfect little gift!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto on 11:39 PM CDT said...

Sweet! I love how you have the recipe inside the lid! The tag is adorable... such pretty ribbon on the box! This is perfect for the holidays. I was thinking of making toffees bars for the kindergarten teachers for Christmas. Sounds heavenly! Yum, yum, yum!

Taylor on 11:40 PM CDT said...

OMGosh Donna! That is fabulous! My mouth is seriously watering at the sight of that toffee bar! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Lee on 1:23 AM CDT said...

What a great tag and sentiment!!! Ohhhhh I think DD and I will have to try that recipe!!! LOL

Heather "Hev" on 1:33 AM CDT said...

What yummy packaging!

Cat Tidwell on 6:22 AM CDT said...

This is sooo cute Donna! Love it! and make my mouth water this early in the am why dont ya, lol!

Theresa Momber on 7:34 AM CDT said...

Oh my! That looks delish! Love your little box and tag. Perfect presentation for this yummy treat.

Dawn Easton on 7:43 AM CDT said...

Fabulous Donna!!! Great gift idea!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous and yummy...the perfect gift!!

Susan (susiestampalot) on 8:23 AM CDT said...

donna, this is awesome!! i think this year so far has been the best for great stampers coming up with awesome gifty ideas!! thanks for sharing this! i wish there were about 12 more hours in the day to complete them all!! you rocked it, girl! oh and congrats on the gina k gig. i saw that the other day and tears of joy welled up!! (i'm sappy that way!) yay for donna!!!

Denise Marzec on 9:00 AM CDT said...

I just LOVE how you decorated your tag with the glimmer ribbon going across the DP...and I can practically smell those toffee bars. They sound sooo yummy!

Marilyn on 9:13 AM CDT said...

OOOHH! Those toffee bars sound so yummy - I've copied the recipe so I can make it!! Funny - I just made a pizza box today but I made cards to put in them - what a great idea to put a handmade goodie inside too!! YUMMEEE!!

Monika/Buzsy on 9:20 AM CDT said...

Yummy! Love the super cute tag! TFS!

Jackie Pedro on 10:57 AM CDT said...

Yum-O! Love your project and I LOVE toffee so I will have to try this recipe!!

Carolina on 11:00 AM CDT said...

So clever to adhere the recipe to the inside of the lid...love it!

The tag is just adorble and great way to use up scraps.

Christi Flores on 11:03 AM CDT said...

Yummy!!! This is gorgeous!!!

Rose Ann on 11:09 AM CDT said...

Ohhhhh YUM!! Your packaging looks wonderful, and I love your tag!!

Julia Aston on 12:35 PM CDT said...

Love the DP on your pizza box Donna and what a great idea to tuck home made candy inside - and with a recipe!!

Sharon Harnist on 12:40 PM CDT said...

Great packaging idea for such a yummy treat, Donna! Love your tag!

Stephanie Hargis on 1:31 PM CDT said...

This is so cute and I just LOVE how well that toffee bar fits in there! I am going to have to test out this recipe! That toffee bar looks so yummy!

((Hugs))

Angie Tieman on 12:48 AM CDT said...

Fabulous project!! What a brilliant idea to wrap up a little treat in that box and put the recipe, you're a genius! The paper and tag are beyond cute too!

Melanie on 8:50 AM CDT said...

yum! looks, sounds good!

Nancy on 12:38 PM CDT said...

Great gift idea, and packaging! Thanks for sharing the recipe; will be trying that out this weekend. :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:41 AM CDT said...

Oh how sweet! Who wouldn't LOVE to receive this!

Shirley on 8:22 PM CST said...

What a really 'sweet' box gift and card!

Post a Comment