Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Great Big Sister


Here are some of my favorite pictures of my niece Gabby (really they ALL are)  - she was so excited to become a big sister.  I remember everyone 'preparing' her, complete with gifts for her from 'Baby Joses' that was how she said Joseph (it's still a little hard for her to correctly pronounce her 'F' - it sounds like S).  She learned before he was born the things they were going to do with him once he arrived; feed him, hug him, kiss him, change him, etc.  She memorized all this by reading her 'I'm a Big Sister' book and things everyone taught her.  It was so cute to hear her tell you all the things when you asked her.  The picture above was taken on Easter Sunday.

Here is the scrapbook page I made using Gina K Designs' Little Tees & Just So Sporty sets (illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger) with pics taken at my sister's baby shower.  Gabby had a lot of fun helping her mommy open presents but you could see her excitement wane when she realized none were for her (I felt awful about not sending her anything, I could kick myself!) How perfect are the sets to mimic her real big sister shirt?  Using the ringer tee, I shortened the sleeves and tucked them under the solid tee which was also cropped to make it look more kid-friendly (also removing the boob outline).  

Here is the VERY excited Gabby right before going to the hospital for Baby Joseph's arrival.  
I love she has her BIG EYES on!  

Gabby is helping Mama, breathing and she would hold her hand and say, 'o.k. now?'
showing her concern.  At one point she would lay down on the chair holding her stomach (sympathy pains, you know).  By the way, I actually got permission from my sister to post this pic.  She was so glad Gabby was able to be a part of the arrival of her baby brother. 

And lastly, here is a cute photo taken last month, can you tell she loves her baby brother?  Who, by the way is growing so nicely, is such a sweet, happy baby - he is in the 90th percentile for height and 95th for weight.  He recently started eating rice cereal and LOVES it!  Constantly smiling, in fact we just got off the phone as I write this.  He wanted to be heard, because out of the blue he started making noise & when we got on the phone to talk with him, Val said he started smiling real big & got excited hearing our voices!  

I can hardly believe just 4 more weeks and I get to love on them!  Yipee!!  

'see' ya at the Gina K release party tonight!!
Pin It

12 comments on "A Great Big Sister"

Cat Tidwell on 7:36 AM CDT said...

OMg, how adorable is Gabby! You have just made us all fall in love with her too! And Joseph, aint he the sweetest looking?? I know you are soo excited to be going to see them! You going around Halloween then?

Theresa Momber on 7:53 AM CDT said...

Aww, how sweet little Gabby is. Your layout is beautiful!

Catherine on 11:34 AM CDT said...

Donna, Gabby is so adorable and a great BIG sister she is, love the pic when she's helping her mom during the labor..PRICELESS. Love your LO,love that shirt =)

Alex on 10:33 AM CDT said...

She is totally adorable, love the pics, and her little brother "Joses" is precious!! Love your layout, what a great memory page!! I know you are excited to see them! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melanie on 11:02 AM CDT said...

what fun story, and pics, TFS! That layered big sis tee is 2 CUTE!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 11:45 AM CDT said...

Oh how sweet, Donna! What sweet pictures and that scrapbook page is awesome! Love how you used the tshirt!

Lee on 10:58 PM CDT said...

Awwww...........I LOVE how you matched her shirt IRL to the scrap page!!!! And oh my those certainly are just precious photos of some amazing times!!! I'm so glad you'll get to go snuggle those cuties!!!

Rose Ann on 11:17 PM CDT said...

Your scrapbook page is so cute, and I love what you stamped on the tee!! Such sweet pictures too!!

Deb Wood on 11:22 PM CDT said...

Awww how sweet, she sure is an angel!!! Love your page and the shirt is too cute!!

Carolina on 11:07 PM CDT said...

I swear I commented on this post...but apparently not. Such adorable pics of Miss Gabby and love the t-shirt! What treasure for her to have!!!

Kristine on 12:21 PM CDT said...

Awww...cute pics, and what a sweet page your created--LOVE that t-shirt with "big sister" on it. =)

Giana Rasmussen on 4:51 PM CST said...

Gabby is so adorable! The "big sister" t-shirt was very cute.

Too cute!

Post a Comment