Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rock Star Dance!


I made this Little Tees (by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K Designs) with dancing Twinx (Doodlefactory Creatures by Starving Artistamps) to send to Cat - in celebration of her In the Spotlight designer for Gina K for October's release!

I used Pink Pirouette to stamp the ringer tee and went over it for depth with my prismacolor pencil & blended with baby oil. Regal Rose cardstock was ran through my traffic jam cb embossing folder for fun texture. The black ribbon is velvet, so luxurious! I knew Cat would like this card, since she likes Doodlefactory images. I love the fact that these creatures come small (1") and large (2 1/4") and the small one fit perfectly on the tee. Star word is from Melanie's most recent set, Just So Sporty.

I'm so thrilled for her & Lee Murphy who was also chosen - and I do think they're both Rock Stars so it was natural for me to make these cards & send to them - I sent Lee my Hey Chica! You're a rockstar card I made last weekend (uploaded before I sent it, since I made it for a challenge too). They've both received & posted the cards on their blogs so now it's my turn to share with y'all.

Be sure to check out Lee's post today for a sneak peek of the new release!
Also, don't forget - Gina K Designs next release is going to be this Thursday evening in the forum, 7:00-10:00 p.m. CST. I plan to be there!
Pin It

17 comments on "Rock Star Dance!"

Carolyn King on 9:45 AM CDT said...

THAT is stinkin adorable!!

Linsey R on 9:53 AM CDT said...

Awww, Cat is gonna love this! It's so adorable with little Twinkx, hehe! Perfect for our Gina K. in the spotlight rockstar friends!!! Hey, you're a rockstar too, girlie--and don't u forget it!! :) hugs! I love this card!

Christi Flores on 10:13 AM CDT said...

Wow!! This is fantastic!!!

Cat Tidwell on 10:30 AM CDT said...

Woohooo!! That MYYYY card! I do LOVE it! It's so perfect, with the little dude dancing, cause thats what I did when I got the email from Gina! LOL! You are such an awesome friend Donna! Now lets hope I dont disappoint everybody on the releases the next few days! LOL! Didnt Lee rock????

Alex on 11:03 AM CDT said...

This is totally stinkin' cute Donna - what a fabulous card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Catherine on 11:38 AM CDT said...

too cute Donna. Love Twinx on that shirt..love it!

Libby Hickson on 12:13 PM CDT said...

What a cute card! That little dancing guy is hilarious!

Lee on 3:49 PM CDT said...

Oh and I do love the combination of that little doodle guy and the Tee!!!! Sooooo creative and cute!!!! You're a ROCK STAR friend my dear!!!! Hugs!!

Melanie on 8:22 PM CDT said...

SO cool, i really love that little Twinx the most of all the creatures his pose just gets me every time! so cute that these tiny ones fit on the tees...I better hurry up and go make a Swedish collage card and cross my fingers ASAP!!!

Deb Wood on 9:59 PM CDT said...

Donna, this is soooo cute, what a great idea to add him to the t-shirt!! I loooove it!!

Carolina on 12:40 AM CDT said...

Eek!!! I want a life size one please!!!

Maureen on 12:59 AM CDT said...

Too cute!! I just have to get that Little Tees set to go with all my mini DF creatures - you are a creative genious!!

Pamela Smerker on 10:02 AM CDT said...

oh so cute and yes, both of those ladies are rock stars! how sweet of you to make them each a card. YOU ROCK Donna!!

Unknown on 12:28 PM CDT said...

How cute is that tee! Looking forward to chattin it up at the GKD launch party!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:03 PM CDT said...

How totally cute is this!!! Love it!!

Rose Ann on 11:19 PM CDT said...

Twinx looks so cute on Melanie's shirt!! I love the texture and colors you've used!! Adorable!!

Jody Morrow on 8:13 PM CDT said...

SO SO CUTE!

Post a Comment