Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Favorite Things Forum Fun!!



Did you know there are a lot of things going on in the MFT forums on SCS every day?  You could win $5 gift certificates by participating!!  I made the first card last Saturday {Celebrate MFT day is the 20th of every month} and this challenge was to use MFT colors: pink, black & white. Easy enough and I just had received my Hey Chica! set!  this girl is HOT - DH was ga-ga over her so I figured I should get her.  She nearly inspires me to grow out my hair again (actually I had already decided since I usually do every fall/winter).  I used my DCWV adhesive stack with the 3 coordinating designs - and used Lauren's Saturday sketch-perfect!  I made her smokey eyes & pale lips!   Fun to color, she is.  This card is on its way to a special someone today!!  

This next card is for week 2 Who's That Girl challenge - I meant to do last week's & never did, but each week there will be a challenge posted to use a specific set & specific challenge.  This week is to use Time for the Bubbly, blue should be the dominant colors, use 4 brads & one piece of ribbon.  I used 4 different patterns from my DCWV Spring Mat stack for the bathroom & drew colors from those for the layers.  What a fun challenge - I love to paper-piece with MFT sets!!
Pin It

14 comments on "My Favorite Things Forum Fun!!"

Linsey R on 10:10 PM CDT said...

OH, Donna, these cards are both amazing! I love her fabulous top and your "Who's That Girl" card is so dreamy! I love your little touches of detailing, like this charming ribbno and sky blue brad adorned photo corner! The mirror looks SO cool, too! That's it...I want a polka dotted bathtub!!! Your style, creativity and talent just rock my world, gf! Thanks for all that u r! :) hugs!

Angie Tieman on 10:15 PM CDT said...

Wow! That girl is something...she definitely looks like she wants something...and it's NOT stamps! lol! Love your color combo with it, and the second card is totally, perfectly me! I love that polka dot bathtub!

Unknown on 10:37 PM CDT said...

Great job with BOTH your challenge cards! Don't forget to come back and play Friday's challenge too! ;-)

Unknown on 7:30 AM CDT said...

Great cards Donna!! Love that sketch from Lauren- I used it for a sneak peek! :) Love your pieced tub!! :)

Melanie on 9:15 AM CDT said...

great coloring, I wish I could do my own smoky eyes as well!!

Christi Flores on 12:26 PM CDT said...

Your coloring is fantastic!! I love them both!

Lee on 2:08 PM CDT said...

Oh you certainly have ROCKED the Chica!!! She looks amazing in her paper piecing!!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 9:22 PM CDT said...

These are so cute! Love the paper piecing on your Chica and the way you made the scene around the bath. TOO cute! :O)

Jessie/knightrone on 9:47 PM CDT said...

These are both fabulous Donna!! I love both of them!!

Carolina on 10:35 PM CDT said...

Wow - your shading and coloring on your first card is amazing and not sure if I care for that image, but you made it look amazing! The second card has so many fun embellies...just adorable!

Rose Ann on 8:29 AM CDT said...

Both of these are so girly-fun, Donna!! I love them both!!

Barbara Schram on 7:56 PM CDT said...

Donna, your coloring is amazing! Love both cards!

Deb Wood on 10:00 PM CDT said...

Donna, Donna, Donna, I had to have Hey Chica too, but I couldn't blame that on you!! I love your cards so beautiful and wonderfully colored! You rock sistah!

Monika/Buzsy on 3:45 PM CDT said...

Great cards Donna! Love both color combo and the scallop edges! TFS!

Post a Comment