Saturday, September 6, 2008

Frightful Night - Brayered Sky


Here is a card using Taylored Expressions' new set Frightful Night set. For those of you who read my blog on a regular basis, you know I love making scenes (not IRL but on cards!!) so one of first things I wanted to make with this set for Halloween was a scene using as many of the images in the set I could (7 out of 13) I could have used more but didn't want the card to look too busy!! Once I stamped a few images (house, trees, clouds & moon) I used a VersaMarker on the trees, clouds & moon & heat embossed clear embossing powder over them.  Then, I used various shades of blue to brayer on the sky, starting with the lightest shade in the middle and working out with darker shades) sorry I already forgot which colors I used since I made this card a few weeks ago!  Then, I stamped the house separately & popped it up for dimension, along with the ghost & gravestone.  The house & gravestone were colored with copic markers.  Pin It

11 comments on "Frightful Night - Brayered Sky"

Jessie/knightrone on 2:13 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous Donna!! I love it!!

Sharon Harnist on 2:52 PM CDT said...

Wonderful brayered background, Donna -- love this look!

Unknown on 6:02 PM CDT said...

Wow what a great scene Donna! Very neat coloring! :)

Cat Tidwell on 8:55 PM CDT said...

OMG! What an awesome scene! The way you did the sky, makes it look like a fog too, too cool! SPOO-KAY!

Melanie on 9:07 PM CDT said...

love the red house, what a sweet little, ahem, frightful scene!!

Ashley Newell on 9:08 PM CDT said...

What a fun card!

Dawn Easton on 9:05 AM CDT said...

Fantastic Donna! Awesome job creating that background and scene!!

Angie Tieman on 9:14 AM CDT said...

Very cute! Love how you put together so many things to make a little story!

Catherine on 10:54 AM CDT said...

too cute...AGAIN! =)

Lee on 5:15 PM CDT said...

Oh my gosh Donna!!!! That Brayered Sky is simply STUNNING!!!! I can never get my brayering to look even close to that gorgeous!!!

Rose Ann on 7:46 AM CDT said...

Wow...your sky looks amazing, and I love the little scene you've created!! Awesome, girl!!

Post a Comment