Thursday, September 25, 2008

Celebrate OCC Style


I adored this sketch by Amy on Our Creative Corner Challenge blog Sept 13, but I made it a week late.  Oh well, all in good time to me anyway since I work on my own schedule *wink*  I used Rupa's Retro Boutique by Gina K Designs which is a fun set to paper-piece.  I used my fall paper pack I got last year made exclusively for Archiver's (it was free with a $50 purchase) and that was my only visit there, it's so far north & we rarely go up there.  I was amazed to find this fun pattern that coordinated well with Kraft Ruby Red & Not Quite Navy, great fall colors!  I didn't extend my main image panel far enough down like in the sketch, so I added the circle punch with a matching purse & gold trim.  Doesn't this make you want a dress like this?   Pin It

15 comments on "Celebrate OCC Style"

Cat Tidwell on 8:44 AM CDT said...

What a gorgeous card Donna! I love these colors together!

Rose Ann on 8:45 AM CDT said...

This is so pretty, Donna!! I love your fabulous paper-piecing and adorable images!!

Christi Flores on 12:01 PM CDT said...

This is gorgeous Donna!! I love that dsp!

Maureen on 1:54 PM CDT said...

Beautiful! Love the paper piecing!

Rhonda Kelly on 2:05 PM CDT said...

Great job on the paper piecing. That is a beautiful card, I love the colors too!

Dawn Easton on 2:11 PM CDT said...

Fabulous DP for the dress...it's awesome! Love the card Donna...thanks for playing along with the sketch!

Catherine on 3:51 PM CDT said...

love the sketch, Donna. And your dress and handbag is so pretty. Love that DP =)

Deb Wood on 6:22 PM CDT said...

So pretty Donna, love the pp'ing!!

Lee on 8:36 PM CDT said...

Sooo adorable that it makes me wish I had the BODY to wear that dress!!!! LOL

Libby Hickson on 9:25 PM CDT said...

Very pretty - I love the colors! And wow - never make the drive up to Archivers - I'm so close now, I guess that will be a MAJOR downside of eventually moving south...! :-)

Unknown on 9:30 PM CDT said...

What a gorgeous dress Donna!! :)

Alex on 11:21 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card, my friend - love the colors! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Michele Kovack on 8:40 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love it!

Carolina on 10:12 PM CDT said...

I love this set and specifically this dress! Just an adorable card all around!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:06 PM CDT said...

This is gorgeous Donna!!

Post a Comment