Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sketches by Tamara 60 & 61


Here are 2 sketch challenges I made from Sketches by Tamara - did you know she has 4 challenges a week on her blog? They are really great! For my first card, I used Just So Sporty by Gina K Designs to make a fun card!! Even though my DCWV All Dressed Up stack has glitter & polka dots, I feel like the layout, image & elements lend a masculine feel to it. I used my Tim Holtz grungeboard swiped with Palette Beaux Arts red ink & memento tuxedo black.

Card Sketch #61 This next card was made using Taylored Expressions' Stamp a Sweet Impression line of stamps 'Frightful Night' and chose to use it as a Fall Theme instead of Halloween by brayering ink from my Pumpkin Spectrum pad. After I stamped the trees & grass, I applied versamarker pen, clear embossing powder & heat set so the ink would resist. I masked off the clouds & house so the ink would not transfer. Everything was done on glossy cardstock. The leaves are from the Holiday Happenings bundle from SU! Level 3 hostess set.
Pin It

12 comments on "Sketches by Tamara 60 & 61"

Cat Tidwell on 8:22 AM CDT said...

LOVE the hoodie! I think its looks very masculine myself. And OMG on the fall one, wow! Love how you did the brayering and coloring, beautiful Donna!

Libby Hickson on 12:46 PM CDT said...

These are both fantastic! That second card is just gorgeous!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 2:02 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna~ Sweet cards!!

Monika/Buzsy on 3:54 PM CDT said...

Great cards Donna! Love the fall theme with the Halloween set... your brayering, masking, and crayon resist looks great. TFS!

Lee on 4:26 PM CDT said...

You are just ROCKIN' out the awesome cards girlfriend!!!! Meanwhile my Gina K. order never got here............waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!

Denise Marzec on 4:29 PM CDT said...

Oh WOW! Girl, you have serious talent. That Halloween card is F-A-B-O!!

Melanie on 4:36 PM CDT said...

hee hee that's a GREAT guy card, I love the skull LOL!

what a gorgeous autumn halloween scene you made!

Catherine on 10:03 PM CDT said...

both cards are wonderful, Donna =)

Kristine on 10:58 PM CDT said...

oH, I LVOE the brayered look on this!! I'm not a halloweeny-kind-of-gal, but I would totally use THIS KIND of card =) I just did a challenge today that was "Christmas" and I'm thinking--wait a minute...I haven't even made FALL cards yet!! :) I love all the beautiful colors of this card. YOU ROCK!!

Rose Ann on 6:56 AM CDT said...

Your hoodie card is so cute, Donna, and your scene is AMAZING!! Wow!!

Linsey R on 7:32 PM CDT said...

Oh wow, donna--I can't decide which one I love more!! I LOVE this rockstar sweatshirt card--WAY cool and just plain awesome! Your fabulous Fall scene is really great! I love the bg, how you highlighted the trees and the leaves blowing in the wind! Absolutely supberb work! :) hugs!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:14 PM CDT said...

Both of these just ROCK!! Love them!!!

Post a Comment