Thursday, September 4, 2008

Stamp a Sweet Impression - Exciting News!!


Imagine my delight when the sweet, very humble & talented Taylor VanBruggen contacted me over a month ago to be a part of history; the launch of her new stamp line called 'Stamp a Sweet Impression'. I was grinning from ear to ear for DAYS - no WEEKS! Of course it has been a hard secret to keep, I will not lie!

Any stamper out there knows what popularity cupcakes have taken on this past year and many have enjoyed participating in Taylor's Friday Cupcake Challenge for months - well she's ready to take the cupcake community by storm along with her illustrator Jessie Oleson [Cakespy] and I am so happy to be a part of this new venture with them & the rest of the Baker's Dozen Design Team! I've enjoyed all the sweet eye candy on her blog since Taylor revealed her to the team.

I'm having a ton of fun stamping with her stamps - wait till you see it all - the packaging, convenience, storage-wow! Three sets will be released tomorrow available for purchase exclusively at Taylored Expressions. They are deeply etched pink rubber already die cut & cling mounted ready for you to open your package & stamp to your heart's content the minute they arrive in your mailbox. That is exactly what I did for DAYS (because I cleared my commitment calendar) once my design team box arrived!

Taylor will also have available for purchase "Key Ingredients" for each stamp set which will include a selection of 6x6 patterned papers, 8 1/2" x 11" Prism cardstock, and coordinating embellishments (brads, ribbon, glitter). I used the Halloween Key Ingredients on these fun Halloween games I made. Be sure to see Taylor's blog for more info.


So onto my first sneak peek because I'm sure that's what you're here for. If you read my blog on a regular basis, you may recall my announcement last week that I'm going to CA to visit my sisters, BILS and niece & nephew for Halloween! My niece Gabby is 2 1/2 years old so I made her these 2 games we can play with while I'm there. A matching game and a tic tac toe game (I hope that won't be too hard for her, I remember teaching the game (on paper) to my friend's daughter when she was about 4 but Gabby is so smart she just may get it.

The Tic Tac Toe game is made on a Target $1 spot magnetic frame (so glad I got extras last year) which I covered with the Halloween key ingredients designer paper. The game pieces all have magnets on the back (I wonder if Gabby will still be calling them maggots when I give them to her like she did in May-HA).



The matching game has all the images in the 'Trick or Sweet' set, 2 of each all colored and stamped on the back with 'Gabby's Halloween Cupcake Matching Game' which I used my JustRite Stampers small alphabet set on wooden stamper for. I stamped the small black cat from the 'Frightful Night' set in the centers. You can get the monogram stamper at Taylored Expressions when you shop for your new stuff! All of the game pieces fit in the tin and below, you can see easy storage behind the frame because I put a magnet on the back of it too.
Today the Rotating Design Team are revealed & have sneaks peeks to share!!
All the sets & key ingredients will be available for purchase Midnight (EST) Friday, Sept. 5th.

Taylor Van Bruggen

Rotating Design Team
Carol Halvorson
ME!
Jen del Muro
Laurie Schmidlin
Sharon Harnist
Terri Dodd

Check out Taylor's post with the sneak peeks from the Senior Design Team yesterday:
Ana Wohlfahrt
Charmaine Ikach
Denise Marzec
Jami Sibley
Monika Davis
Stephanie Hargis

Thanks for sticking with me as this was a LONG post! Happy Stamping to You!!

Pin It

35 comments on "Stamp a Sweet Impression - Exciting News!!"

Anonymous said...

This is very creative, Donna...the DT is coming up with some great stuff!

Sharon Harnist on 10:26 AM CDT said...

Snap, girl -- I just thought about doing this exact same project yesterday, LOL!! This turned out VERY cute -- I'm sure Gabby will love her games to play with you!

Monika/Buzsy on 10:52 AM CDT said...

Super cute game Donna! What a clever idea. Love the pieces. Congrats girl!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo Donna!! Taylor's stamps look like so much fun!! What a great idea :) You rock girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow Donna - these games are awesome! Your neice is a very lucky little girl.

Hey are you coming to SoCal???

-Jami

Catherine on 11:15 AM CDT said...

I knew it! i knew it, i knew it! I'm so happy for you, Donna. Doing the TWINKX dance here ... teee heee! can't wait for more of your sweet creations =)

Anonymous said...

Chica, you took it to the next level with that cute lil' game!!! So fun!

Catherine on 11:18 AM CDT said...

ooopsss, got carried away. Love your tic-tac-toe game... way too cute!

Taylor on 11:36 AM CDT said...

So adorable, Donna! What a clever and well-executed idea! Love it! Thanks so much for joining me on this new adventure! I can't wait to see what else you've come up with!

Shannan Teubner on 11:47 AM CDT said...

So cute, Donna!! I'm so happy for you...congrats!

Ana Wohlfahrt on 12:25 PM CDT said...

Ack!! This is adorable Donna!! Congrats :)

Rose Ann on 12:29 PM CDT said...

A huge congratulations, Donna!! You rock, girl!! I totally love your project too, and so will Gabby!! Fantastic!!

Jessie/knightrone on 12:30 PM CDT said...

OMGosh girl...when it rains, it pours for you!! I am so stinkin happy for you!! YOU GO GIRL!!! Your peeks are FABU!!

Niki Estes on 12:30 PM CDT said...

Congratulations, Donna! This is so cute!

Cat Tidwell on 12:53 PM CDT said...

OMG! How exciting for you Donna! You sooo deserve it! Your creations always rock! And this is no exception! Too cute! I LOVE this! I might have to make something like this for grandson!

Melanie on 1:00 PM CDT said...

super cute project, Donna!! congratulations!!!!

Denise Marzec on 1:04 PM CDT said...

Oh my gosh, I totally need to make one of these for my daughter. Every kid should have a magnetic game for the car. This is so cute!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 1:11 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna these are fabulous games! I LOVE them both and I'm sure Gabby will too!

Carolina on 1:43 PM CDT said...

Huge congrats hugs - I'm so beyond thrilled for you and Taylor is very lucky to have your amazing creativity to show of her new line of stamps.

Hope you have a blast in the upcoming months with this line and so excited to see all your projects with them!

Can't wait until midnight tonight to place my order...hope you have a cupcakelicious day!

Carol (HB) on 3:16 PM CDT said...

Donna, these are just THE cutest projects! WOW!!!

Janine on 3:23 PM CDT said...

Congratulations!!! Great project too.

Christi Flores on 3:33 PM CDT said...

You are SO lucky! I would kill to be on Taylor's team! Congrats sweetie! It is so deserved! I LOVE your project!!

Kristine on 4:26 PM CDT said...

CONGRATS DONNA!! :) What a fabulous honor to be given. I'm sure you'll do us all proud! =)

Lauren (mytime) on 4:57 PM CDT said...

AMAZING projects! I just wanted to pop over and say CONGRATS! You are very talented and deserve it!!

Unknown on 5:29 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna such great news!! I'm so thrilled for you!! Your projects are so creative and just plain cute!! :) Yea!!! Congrats! :)

Alex on 6:36 PM CDT said...

Whoohoo Donna, you go, girl!! That is fabulous news - love Taylors uber cute new stamp line and your project is adorable, I am sure Gabby will love it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Danielle L. on 7:55 PM CDT said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations Donna! Yea, I'm so excited for you and your new opportunity and I can't wait to see what other amazing creations you make with her stamps. The Tic Tac Toe tin is fab-u-lous!!!

Angie Tieman on 10:08 PM CDT said...

Whoo! Hoo! Congratulations, Donna! I am sooooo happy for you!! Sending you big hugs from Dallas! Your project is adorable!! Can't wait to see more!

Pamela Smerker on 10:37 PM CDT said...

OH Donna I am so happy for you! What a fabulous opportunity. Taylor's blog was one of the very first I started following so I know how excited you must be! She is amazing! Congrats and hugs you so deserve this!!

Linsey R on 11:56 PM CDT said...

Wowza, look out--another DT!!! YOU totally rock, Donna! You have become such a hot commodity, lady! and for very good reason--hey, I knew her BEFORE she was famous, people! ;) hugs and congrats on another much deserved and well earned achievement--and what a fun adventure with this amazing DT and the cupcake queen herself leading the way! LOVE her new stamps, too--cupcakes dressed up in halloween costumes, hehehehe....

Anonymous said...

Very cute projects. Your niece is a lucky little lady.

Lee on 12:09 PM CDT said...

CONGRATS to you Donna!!!!! You are sooo perfect for this!!! And in true Donna-fashion, you've created a FABulously creative and fun project!!!

Marilyn on 12:20 PM CDT said...

Woohoo for you Donna!! What an exciting thing to be a part of!! You are so very talented, and I'm so excited for you!! Your little game is just adorable, you and Gabby will have tons of fun with it when you see her!

Cakespy on 9:31 PM CDT said...

OMG, these are just adorable!! Yay for your creative use of the stamps!! :-) Great project! I just got my samples so I am ready to go with projects!!! :-)

Maureen on 4:20 AM CDT said...

Hi Donna! Sorry this is late, but I wanted to say congratulations - you totally deserve this as your stuff is just awesome!! I'm always inspired by your blog even if I don't comment as much as I should! Keep up the great work!!

Post a Comment