Monday, September 8, 2008

A Sweet View






Since there are so many cute images in Taylor's new set A Sweet Celebration that made me to make a card to display them, I went to the Splitcoaststampers resources page & followed the viewmaster tutorial and boy was this an undertaking!  It was my first time making this type of card and I'm glad I did because it's pretty neat, a very interactive card that I think any child would love to get!  

I think if I had made the window & inside turning wheel just a standard circle it would not have been so difficult but I wanted to use my nestabilities and had to do it over & over and you can still see in one frame, the scallop extends way over the card but that's o.k.!  

This card uses all the Birthday Girl key ingredients and the polka dots in the viewmaster is from SU! Itty Bitty backgrounds.
Pin It

14 comments on "A Sweet View"

Lee on 8:41 PM CDT said...

Wow!!! I love that!!! What an adorable card and sure looks like you're an expert at making these!!! I'm gonna have to try!!!

Unknown on 8:45 PM CDT said...

Very cute "view master" card, Donna. I've been so busy, but I often think about my friend in TX.

Unknown on 10:23 PM CDT said...

Super cute card Donna!! :)

Angie Tieman on 11:09 PM CDT said...

Wow! What a cute viewmaster card!! It works perfectly with those stamps, truly inspired!!

Christi Flores on 11:45 PM CDT said...

This is fantastic!! Wow!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 7:36 AM CDT said...

This is adorable, Donna! Love it!

Terri on 7:37 AM CDT said...

Darling card, Donna! TFS!

Rose Ann on 7:41 AM CDT said...

Fantastic design, Donna!! I've always thought these were so much fun, and those images work perfect for it!!

Sharon Harnist on 7:57 AM CDT said...

Great job with the viewmaster card, Donna -- I've never attempted one, either! Such a cute card!

Jami on 11:13 AM CDT said...

Wow - I've never tried a view master card - looks like a lot of work, but oh so cute!!! Great job!

Carolina on 12:15 PM CDT said...

I knew you would make amazing stuff with this line of stamps!!! My stuff shipped and a friend of mine ending up getting the birthday set so now I'll get to play with those too...so excited!

Catherine on 2:10 PM CDT said...

way too cute! I always wanted to do this but it seems too complicated...LOL! Maybe, i can try one of these days but then again i've been saying that already. oh well!

Jessie/knightrone on 9:49 PM CDT said...

How cool, I have always wanted to try one of those, but have never got around to it!! You make it look easy!!

Denise Marzec on 5:25 AM CDT said...

OMG, Donna! That is a super cute idea. LOOOOOVE it!

Post a Comment