Sunday, September 21, 2008

BIC23 & WSC58 - Hi



I did it again! I think this is the 3rd weekend in a row I combined Beate's Be Inspired Challenge {BIC23} and her Weekend Sketch Challenge {WSC58} I am not doing this to be lazy, it is actually more of a challenge (and fun) to combine them and with all the challenges out there I like to participate in, it just makes sense to do it. This is my first time using the new SU! Ronald McDonald House Charities set 'Say it with Scallops' I just had to have it since it has a great coordinating scallop punch and a portion of the sales $2 is donated to the charity. Since these sets debuted, more than $700,000 has been donated to their charity.
My SIL & BIL were blessed 2 times with benefitting from the local house here, with the birth of 2 daughters prematurely. The first will be a teenager this year and the other died when she was just several weeks old, Paige. It was so sad, but the doctors were able to fix what medically caused the premature births and several years later they had their 3rd daughter born right on time with no complications and she will be 5 next month.
I used Kiwi Kiss, Apricot Appeal & Chocolate Chip from the inspiration piece as well as the Seeing Spots set.
We're off to see a UT Soccer game - not because I'm a fan of soccer or really UT but because it's something John wanted to do. Quality time.
Pin It

12 comments on "BIC23 & WSC58 - Hi"

Angie Tieman on 2:00 PM CDT said...

Love this! Great job with both challenges!

Beate on 2:34 PM CDT said...

Donna, your card is gorgeous! It's perfect for both challenges.
Hugs and smiles

Rose Ann on 2:46 PM CDT said...

This is such a beautiful card, Donna!! I love the colors and stamps...and the way you did two challenges in one!!

Hope you have fun at the soccer game!! ;)

Lee on 5:22 PM CDT said...

What a FABulous combining of challenges Donna!! This is just so elegant and I love the colors!! I'm so blessed my kiddos were fairly healthy preemies and am so happy there are so many wonderful medical advances and support systems!!!

Shelly Koskinen on 6:03 PM CDT said...

Cute card!! I love it!

Deb Wood on 7:28 PM CDT said...

So beautiful Donna, love the colors!!

jonisart on 11:29 AM CDT said...

This is beautiful, it looks so simple despite all the layers. I love it!

Catherine on 3:11 PM CDT said...

love it..as always =)

Unknown on 9:16 PM CDT said...

Beautiful Donna! The colors are so soothing! :)

Carolina on 5:28 PM CDT said...

What an adorable take on the challenges!!! Love the way you used this set and the way you carried the scallop circle them throughout!

Marlene Lo on 12:41 AM CDT said...

I LIKE THIS!

Libby Hickson on 9:28 PM CDT said...

LOVE this card - the colors, the layout, everything! Great job!

Post a Comment