Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just So Sporty & JustRite for the men in your life!!!



The best of both worlds for the Sports Fans in your life are merging when you have Gina K Designs' Just so Sporty & JustRite Stampers small letter set! One of the first things I thought of (and the first 2 cards I made when I got Melanie's new set) are for my 2 brother-in-laws who live in the Bay Area & are huge Raiders fans!! I just had to pair them with my DCWV All Dressed Up mat stack Melanie gave me for my birthday in June - with the silver & black & glitterness it's just a match made in sports heaven! I chose the sketch for these cards from the Mother's & Daughters challenge blog because it causes the hoodie & jersey to be the main attractions!! Then, my finishing touch was my Copic silver glitter pen - they are so awesome! I'm about to get the complete set of colors (right now I use the clear, silver, gold and I have green)!

Funny/cute Gabby story now:
I called her on Monday night when the Raiders were playing the Broncos (boo they lost 14 to 41) and when she got on the phone & said hi in the cutest voice ever I asked her how she was doing and she FINALLY caught on and said, "GOOD" very emphatically-it was so cute! My sisters and I have been trying to be consistent in teaching her responses and usually she would not understand how to respond to that question. Well, she does now!!

Then I asked her what she was doing (another standard question she may grow to be annoyed by some day) she responded, 'brushing my teeth', 'mommy's brushing her teeth too' and when I asked what daddy was doing she said, 'he's taking pictures at the Raiders game' HELLO!? she is 2 1/2! she responded to me like a BIG GIRL! She wasn't making that up. He does take pictures down on the field with his brother (my BIL is a professional photographer) so if you're in the Oakland area, let me know if you need a referral! I thought that was so cute! These conversations are getting so stinkin' fun!
Pin It

15 comments on "Just So Sporty & JustRite for the men in your life!!!"

Jessie/knightrone on 7:56 AM CDT said...

This is so fun Donna!! Gabby is getting to be such a big girl!! I felt the same way when Taylor finally started responding to me on the phone instead of sitting there and giggling..although, I sorta loved that too!!

Tam on 8:59 AM CDT said...

Wow - great card and great story!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 9:10 AM CDT said...

Love these Donna..Those t's by Melanie keep calling my name..You probably put me over the edge with the football theme! Great idea!!

Unknown on 11:43 AM CDT said...

Ok.. I have to get that for my son who is a psycho Cowboys fan. Ok, waht is wrong with this picture. I live in Cali and we love the Cowboys and your showin' off Oakland Raiders??? Haha!! Funny! But you just sold me this set because of this. My son would LOVE a card that said COWBOY fan!! :)

Alex on 1:09 PM CDT said...

What a great story Donna!!! And, your Raiders cards are FABULOUS - my husband is a die hard fan, and would LOVE these, they are amazing! You are so very talented, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Catherine on 1:44 PM CDT said...

what a cute story Donna. And sorry not a Raider fun at all but I have to say this is just the cutest Raider shirt and sweater ever...LOL! Love it!

Lee on 1:51 PM CDT said...

Adorable, Adorable little Gabby!!!! But................

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! You know us Coloradan's and our Broncos!!!! Sorry but we were hoopin' and hollerin' watchin' the game!! Okay, I was stampin' in my craft room, but I could hear the guys!! LOL Still be my friend!!!! I DO love this sporty card.............I'll just have to change the colors and sentiment!!!! LOL

Christi Flores on 1:56 PM CDT said...

What a cute story and fantastic cards!!!

Rose Ann on 2:30 PM CDT said...

How cute are these??? I love them both, and love that cool sparkly paper!! You Gabby story is so cute as well!! ;)

Barbara Schram on 6:44 PM CDT said...

Awe...Gabby is a cutie pie! And how can you go wrong with Mel's t's and Just Rite? Perfect combo! Love the shirts, Donna!

Angie Tieman on 11:09 PM CDT said...

Well, I would say it's cute, but I just can't condone a Raiders card, sorry! hee! hee! You need to make a Chiefs one (even though they do suck!). I will admit that it has a nice glittery texture! *wink*

Melanie on 1:25 PM CDT said...

these are AWESOME!!!!!!

I'm still working on J's phone etiquette ( he REALLY has to be in the mood!!) :)

Cat Tidwell on 6:21 AM CDT said...

Ahhhh Gabby is just so adorable! I bet you are getting sooo excited to see her!

And what awesome cards! Fantastic guy cards..or girl for that matter really, lol! But to make THE ultimate fan card, would have to have COWBOYS, hahaha!

Gabby on 1:25 PM CDT said...

Girl...I am in AWE of your work!!! I'm loving the Raiders tee! I'm a Raiders fan...well...the whole fam is! LOL! OUTSTANDING WORK MY DEAR!!! OUTSTANDING!!! And I love hearing about Gabby! YAY...we share a name! XD

Val G in CA on 10:09 PM CDT said...

Tom (a BIG Raider fan) saw this card and said "That's so cool. I wonder who she made that for?" We always look forward to your creations.

Post a Comment