Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pretty Pink Asters & Stamper's Magic Tape



I just love these Large Silhouette flowers Asters FS-5 by Starving Artistamps! I chose to stamp them in Pink Pirouette and use a sponge dauber for the edges with Riding Hood Red ink. The frame is 31.02. I thought it would be fun to use a transparency sheet as a mask so I could stamp the flowers in the frames only. So I cut out the 4 windows from it. Once I had that stamped - I used my Stampers Magic Tape (info on that below) and cut it to the same size as my main image then adhered it. Next, I took the top layer (the tape is double-sided) and placed clear microbeads directly on top. It adds a lot of subtle dimension to the focal image. The microbeads stick really well to it! I finished off my card with a row of flowers on the pink pirouette base & thought sponging would add a nice detail to the card (makes a big difference to me!) Lastly, the Scripture Phil. 1:3 from Timeless Sentiments was just the right touch. I'm sure any special friend would appreciate a card like this, to be reassured how grateful you are for their presence in your life.

Stampers Magic Tape. I know as stampers we are always in search of the best, most economical tapes for our paper crafting.

There are a variety of widths available suitable for your needs:
1/4" wide x 36 yards long (that's 108 feet of tape)
1/2" wide x 36 yards long
3/4" wide x 36 yards long -im told this size is great for book binding.
4" wide x 18 yards long (that's 54 feet of 4" wide tape)
6x10" sheets
This tape is:
  • Embossable
  • Double sided, extra sticky, Acid Free!
  • Great for Rubber Stamping
  • Great for Scrapbooking
  • Great for photo mounting.
  • Apply Foils
  • Glitter
  • Gold leaf
  • Mica powders, Pearl Ex, Embossing Powders
  • Can be used for transparencies and vellum! See Natasha's blog post
  • Can be used to apply beads (as shown on my card above)
Pin It

9 comments on "Pretty Pink Asters & Stamper's Magic Tape"

huntla1 on 6:14 AM CDT said...

Hi Donna. Beautiful card. It is very striking on many accounts. I love the choice of colors that you used. Color was the first thing I noticed. Then I noticed the very slight offset of the main image to mat. Lastly I took in the thoughtful placing of all of the flowers -- the windowpane image and below -- and then the micro beads on the main image. Stunning!

Jessie/knightrone on 7:57 AM CDT said...

Super gorgeous Donna!! I love that stamp!!

Catherine on 1:45 PM CDT said...

this is gorgeous!

Lee on 1:52 PM CDT said...

Donna this is AMAZING!! I love the look microbeads give!!! And the layout and soft pink if, of course, a winner!!!!

Christi Flores on 1:56 PM CDT said...

Wow! Gorgeous!!

Rose Ann on 2:31 PM CDT said...

This is sooo gorgeous, Donna!! I love the colors and all of the sparkle!!

Angie Tieman on 11:10 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous! The glittery window look is fab!

Unknown on 7:29 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card Donna! Love the sparkle!:)

Vanessa on 7:53 PM CDT said...

This is such a lovely card! I like the stamp a lot and that stampers tape is neat. Can you show us how to use it at a stamp party?

Post a Comment