Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cotton Candy Love


Not talking about the sweet, but my Cotton Candy Spectrum pad - for anyone who loves the color pink I'm sure you would agree, it's pretty!!  I used my Starving Artistamps Poppies (FS-8) with the VersaMark resist technique on this card.  Just stamp your solid image stamps with versamark on glossy cardstock then brayer your colors with the rubber brayer.  I like to swipe a tissue on the images to remove all traces of the brayered color.  I then added Faith-Hope-Love sentiment from Timeless Sentiments and the Love Definition {34.15} in the lower right corner.  I hope you enjoyed my large silhouette flowers features using SA stamps this week, highlighting just a few of the many techniques you can use with solid stamps: embossing, retiform, faux postage, microbeads, black magic and versamark resist.  

Are you a subscriber to Craft Critique?  Did you see the interview by DT Member Heidi with Irene, the Doodlefactory Artist for Starving Artistamps?  Read it and if you'd like to get a 20% discount on your next DF or SA stamps order - it's valid through Sept 21st!  
Pin It

11 comments on "Cotton Candy Love"

Christi Flores on 10:14 PM CDT said...

This is gorgeous!!!!

Kristine on 11:02 PM CDT said...

Ah...so PRETTY!! Nice job with this technique. I love those poppies too =)

Kristine on 11:02 PM CDT said...

Ah...so PRETTY!! Nice job with this technique. I love those poppies too =)

Catherine on 11:15 PM CDT said...

Your card is gorgeous, i love this technique =)

Lee on 12:36 AM CDT said...

Oh ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!!! I love pink!!! LOL Now that inkpad is totally on my shopping list!!!

This card is absolutely FABulous and GORgeous!!!! The silhouettes are so soft and elegant!!! Amazing card Donna!!!

Angie Tieman on 8:08 AM CDT said...

How pretty! So sweet and dreamy!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:00 AM CDT said...

This is just gorgeous, Donna!

Heather "Hev" on 9:35 AM CDT said...

That is such a beautiful hue of pink!!!

Beautiful card :)

Linsey R on 1:00 PM CDT said...

I might just adore this card even more than cotton-candy itself!!! hehe :) What a gorgeous result you achieved and thanks for the quick detailing on how you did it, because now I can try it too! I love these floral silhouettes, so beautiful! Donna, I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Just wanted to pop in and say how much I luv ya :) I'm sure you're all ok up there in Austin. I said prayers for you and my other girls in TX and along the hurricaine path. I hope and pray everyone is safe and sound. hugs for a blessed Sunday. xoxo

Jessie/knightrone on 3:25 PM CDT said...

Absolutely stunning!!! I love the colors Donna!!

Rose Ann on 7:25 AM CDT said...

I'm loving the colors on this!! Your resist is so beautiful!!

Post a Comment